He's SUCH a good man...working SO hard for his family.
You can thank my little sis, Sabina for my "siq" sunglasses (her description...and I must say I concur).
SUCH a cheese ball. Love it.
Because Brandon works nonstop during the week and we have no time together at night I anticipate the weekends like crazy. When Saturday rolled around I imagined the perfect family day of fun at the Foothills community carnival. Much to my chagrin, B had a Christmas light job that he had to finish Saturday morning (sidenote: I am SUCH a brat b/c I totally encouraged him to take the job and then whined like crazy about it).
Saturday morning turned into Saturday afternoon and by the time we were ready to go to the carnival I was at the end of my rope with the boys. Isn't it interesting how kids mirror the attitude/behavior of their Mother which then of course just escalates Mom's lousy mood. To look on the bright side, I guess it works both ways: Mom good mood = Kids good mood etc. Sure lays the pressure on "Mom" to always be perky (and sometimes I just want to be a grouchy grump)!
Anyway, despite my expectations for perfection (so silly how we do that to ourselves) the day turned out well and ultimately we enjoyed each other.
Saturday morning turned into Saturday afternoon and by the time we were ready to go to the carnival I was at the end of my rope with the boys. Isn't it interesting how kids mirror the attitude/behavior of their Mother which then of course just escalates Mom's lousy mood. To look on the bright side, I guess it works both ways: Mom good mood = Kids good mood etc. Sure lays the pressure on "Mom" to always be perky (and sometimes I just want to be a grouchy grump)!
Anyway, despite my expectations for perfection (so silly how we do that to ourselves) the day turned out well and ultimately we enjoyed each other.

12 comments:
Love the pictures...sorry Brandon works so much...it runs in the family? We love and miss you tons.
80 hours plus...ouch. I understand your pain and I'm sure Rick understands Brandon's. However, it makes you really cherish the moments together. Sounds like a fun weekend.
Shoot...happy late birthday. I have been a little bit absent from the computer lately.
And those sunglasses are perfect on you. Darling!
that picture of you and B sharing cotton candy is perfect. such a gorgeous couple :) glad you got some good family time (it is so precious.)
Love that you went to the carnival! What a darling "American Family" activity! You and Brandon are so cute, I could eat you:)
Max & the goatee....very cute!
Love Jimmy's cheeseball smile! Looks like something Brandon would have done years ago!
Hope all is well!
Rebekah and Bryan
I always do that, too! I don't think our hubbies understand just how much we look forward to our time with them... oh, to be the perfect mom and to have perfect family time :)
I love it. The story of my life. Trying to "create" perfect moments only to ruin them with my own psychotic perfectionism.
Isn't it funny, the most perfect moments are the unexpected ones when your children are running around the house naked or with poopy diapers and you randomly snuggle for a one minute makeout session with your hubby or something on the couch.
Brandon is such a good daddy/husband! And your glasses are "siq"
rae
Sounds like such a fun day! I LOVE saturdays as well, they are the best. It's crazy how insane weekdays get and its so nice to have that break and do something fun as a family. And I TOTALLY agree with you on the whole "mom's attitude" thing. It's so so true. I need to work on that for sure!
Happy belated Bday! And i love the glasses, too sexy! Hope you aren't going too crazy with getting ready for Xmas. I went into Target today and it was a zoo! Tis the season!
It always feels sad to me when fathers choose their work over being a father. My mom did something similar, and I have never truly forgiven her. Kids need BOTH parents.
Post a Comment