Monday, January 19, 2009

Freedom of Choice Act

If you're interested in hearing about FOCA from someone who isn't afraid to say it how it is then read on.

If FOCA were to pass (OBAMA hugely advocates FOCA so it is not unlikely):

  • Federal laws will supersede all current state mandated abortion laws.
  • All doctors and nurses will be forced, by law, to perform abortions regardless of their own personal moral views.
  • Under-aged girls will no longer need parental notification in order to undergo abortion at any stage of pregnancy.
  • There will be no restrictions on partial birth abortions.
  • It will be legal and acceptable for all babies with minor genetic deformations such as cleft palate (Hello?! Joaquin Phoenix has a cleft lip!) or club feet or babies that are born after partial birth abortion procedures went wrong to be left to die.
I advocate freedom. I advocate life. I advocate decency and morality.
FOCA does not.

In fact the very title of the Act is entirely deceptive! If we are to discuss the "birth" of abortion (as oxymoronic as that may sound) then it would be said that the baby is not "viable" (a term created by some amoral politician which means "alive") until it can live on it's own (in other words a baby from 24 to 28 weeks old).
So, let's just say I advocate abortion in it's original form (which, for the record, I do not at least not in 99.8% of all cases). FOCA is dooming millions of "VIABLE" or "ALIVE" (even according to abortion activists descriptions of what makes a "fetus" a "baby") to DEATH. Is there any question that this is legalized, cold-hearted MURDER?!?!
Wait, I thought it was the "FREEDOM" of choice act?!?! Freedom has NOTHING to do with it. If anything it ROBS doctors, nurses, and babies of their freedom: Freedom to choose. Freedom to live.
Like I said, even if you are an advocate of abortion, how could you possibly advocate FOCA--ie: the "Freedom to do whatever the H&$@ you please including murder innocent full grown babies b/c they aren't cute and have a cleft lip" Act.
I cannot tolerate or even conceive of allowing such a despicable movement to continue without opening my mouth and screaming, "NO! FOCA WILL NOT PASS AS LONG AS I HAVE THE BREATH TO FIGHT IT 'TILL THE BITTER END!"

Stand with me and sign the petition against FOCA.

9 comments:

sara said...

Go Joan! This just makes me sick.

Rachel Haack said...

Amen sista.

Rachel Haack said...

What kills me the most about advocates for the "Freedom of Choice" act is I assume that 99.9% of them are probably animal activist types as well....
they will go on and on and on about the rights of tweety birds and kittens from being unjustly treated or killed...
BUT NOT A HUMAN EMBRYO. A HUMAN FETUS. A HUMAN LIFE.

Not to mention that the actual FOUNDER of Planned Parenthood was very much a completely racist eugentics supporter that thought abortion was the solution to eliminating "the lesser" of human species (in her opinion blacks, other minorities, uneducated, poverty stricken, etc.).
Obama should know his history.

Danielle said...

Thanks for posting this Joan.

I get so worked up about this subject that I am going to save my long-winded comment for later, but I just wanted to say that the fact that they are using 24-28 weeks as the age of viability is CRAZY!!

I personally took care of several babies born at 22 weeks who survived just fine. Anyway, that shouldn't even really be an issue as far as I am concerned because I am also against abortion in 99.97% of cases, so age of viability shouldn't matter.

ARGH. I am with you Joan!

K said...

I have great hope in Obama, that he will bring positive change and that he will not let America down. FOCA is an area a have much trouble looking past...ironically, in his inaugural speech today, he said, "We will not apologize for our way of life, nor will we waver in its defense, and for those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you."
How sad that he can't see that FOCA will do just that: slaughter innocents.

Sie said...

Interestingly, the original hippocratic oath prohibits physicians from performing abortions. Too bad FOCA wasn't up for the vote back then! Thanks for helping keep us informed and socially responsible Joan! You're the greatest!

The Linfords said...

this is what happens when we elect a man like Obama who has socialist views. He wants to make the decisions for us. People will so readily give up their freedoms for the promise of temporary relief. Socialism is evil for this very reason, the control gets taken out of the people's hands. i would be willing to bet a majority of the people find FOCA disgusting, but if they don't have a voice then who cares? i hear people say obama is our president so we should support him, I totally disagree, it is my American duty to oppose someone who advocates things I don't support or believe him. We need to expose him for what he is. i will now step off my soap box.

annie moffat karcher said...

amen. I love this post I will stand against this despicable act. God as my witness, I will stand against all evil and stand for what is right, good, and true.

Sue & Mike Koplin said...

Right on Joan! Could you please post some more photos of the kids. I miss them so much! xo Grandma K.