Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Mother

My "little" brother, Kye, my Mom, & Max

It's not Mother's Day or my mom's birthday or anything...but I came across a birthday card my mom wrote me a year ago that brought me to tears...and this is what it said:
"I love you. You are my best friend, my confidant, someone who always pretends to love me no matter what. I love you back, more than forever. The best gift I got was you moving close to me. Have a great day and remember you are the best."
The connection a mother has with her children is irrevocable. It is permanent and binding and beautiful. I am honored and blessed beyond measure to have a mother like mine: A woman who is fiercely devoted to her children, grandchildren, and to her Heavenly Father. She is a gift to me and I love her.

6 comments:

LilMisfit said...

I love your mom too! Ever since she was one of my YW leaders about 15 years ago, I have always REALLY liked her. I love that she is so straight forward with her opinions and she is totally hilarious! Plus, she is always TONS of fun!

We need to get together again for dinner. Are you guys available the next few weeks? Email me!

K said...

This is beautiful and I felt my heart rise in my chest. Thank you for sharing these sweet, tender, ardent emotions. I love your description "fiercely devoted"--You are the same way, you know. And that is beautiful too.

The Skeehan Family said...

Aren't these relationships so unique and special? They really make this world so much truer and genuine.

What a card to cherish.

Oh, and ps, just commented on your blog below... was dyiiiiiiing.

Rachel Haack said...

AAhhhhh, I love your Mom too!!!

I don't think I've ever met her though, how weird!?
What I love even more is your brother's hot pink hat (that is your little brother, right?)

rae

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So, I keep thinking, man I should get on a post something new...but, I can't think of anything brilliant to write about...I don't have any "hot topic" or "just to make you think" type of comment. I need to download my camera pictures and praise Bridger's swimming...and add the pictures from our trip to Snow Basin yesterday...well, I guess I do have some things to share...okay, you've got me convinced...I'll start working on it now...loved the Valentine...love you guys...wish we lived closer so we could visit more...

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Blog update complete....love ya!