
Today has been a beast. Or shall I say I've been a beast. You can blame it on my sons (yes, both little hellions had it out for me). I swear their modus operandi was: what can we do to piss mom off the most!?
Sorry, I hate the word "piss" but it's only appropriate right now. Trust me. It is.
Within a forty five minute period Max had flooded the bathroom including (but not limited to) stuffing toilet paper down the drain in the sink, soaking the picture frame on the counter including the picture and mat, pouring the entirety of a 32 oz. drink out all over the carpet in the family room, then crawled into the fireplace thus coating himself in layer of sticky soot, and upon removing him from the soot pile I knocked his head on the edge of the fireplace which then caused him to scream and cry while I vigorously scrubbed the ash from his skin...all the while holding back every swear word in the book.
AHHHHHHHHH!!! Am I REALLY supposed to create more of these little monsters?! I don't know if I can do it? Seriously! Motherhood is a crap shoot sometimes. Geez, there I go saying "crap." My mother will be so disappointed in me: "piss" and "crap." I've lost all hope at becoming a "lady."
Thank heavens tomorrow is a new day and FRIDAY for that matter. I actually get to see my delightful husband who inevitably transforms all things ugly into lovely.
Hmmm, I think a "gratitude" post is in order. I need to purge the grumpy inside and remember why my life is oh so good.
Ps: I stole the pic from Google images.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Tough
Posted by Joan at 8:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
I can totally relate, sometimes kids are a real pain in the rear....then somehow, they totally redeem themselves :) Hope tomorrow goes better.
ohhhh, my joanie! don't we all have these days where we rant and rave! then after the munchkins are in bed, and we have had time to regroup, we decide to go check on them one last time before we check in ourselves and all we want to do then is cuddle and love and kiss and tell them how much we love them and how precious they are (especially when they sleep:))
then we remember why we signed up for this job and we remember why we are excited to get up the next day and try again.
xoxo
On the upside, it will only get better right? :)
said...
Oh I remember those days. And they are a love-hate relationship. Unfortunately motherhood comes with so many ups and downs. So, here is what made a huge difference to me on days like that. Remember that kids aren't intentionally "ganging" up on you...they are exploring and discovering..."this is so cool, the toilet paper comes flying off the roll when I spin it. And mom always just puts it in the toilet!" OR "The fireplace is so cool and its like being at the beach, black sand stuff everywhere! Yippy!" And, remember, that they grow up, and instead, do stupid (not exploring) stuff, like throw a fork across the kitchen and break the lid to a priceless heirloom from your grandmother (that was my day yesterday!). Just because they wanted to see if they could land the fork in the sink...BTW, Bridger, it DIDN'T work! hahah. Life is full of adventures, and children are our greatest one. If you'd like, you can bring the boys to me for a week sabbatical or two. I'll take their tirades and see if they can keep up with my boys! Love you...have a much, much better day!
um...that's what happens when you sit on the couch eating bon-bons and watching General Hospital all day, Joan. (hee hee)
i hope you're removed enough from the terror to laugh about that...er, maybe it was an ill-placed joke.
sorry you had a bad day. it is maddening when they make another mess while you're cleaning up the ravages of the last one. little boys are hard, even on the good days, they require so much attention and energy. if i were your neighbor I would have come over and helped you.
love you!
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.......
I just want to hug you! I love your raw emotions that so few people share. Seriously, mommy-hood is NOT FOR WIMPS.
I personally think you are the ultimate mom. This is why I pester you with motherhood questions that I don't even ask my OWN mother or sisters. I have THAT much faith in you.
I'm sorry your children revealed their horns and forked tails yesterday. The beauty is that you love them anyway, and you wake up the next day and love them some more.
TGIF.
Sounds like a tough day. I've had a few of those lately, and I don't even have kids!
I am so sorry, what a crappy day! Christian was totally sick for like 2 weeks straight with a sinus infection, then an ear infection and he just screamed all the time. Screamed all day long. I thought I was going to die. One time I just put him in his room and shut the door while I went in my room and layed on the bed for a few minutes. I feel you pain! Hang in there! Tomorrow will be better. Thank goodness they are still so cute, right? And we can't stay mad at them for long.
I'm sorry that I'm finding such refreshing hilarity and universal truth in your pain and suffering.
lol, seriously Joan..."motherhood is such a crap shoot sometimes".
I adore you for your honesty. Boy, we all have days like that, don't we?
Like literally three days ago when Lily took a crap (yes, "crap") outside in the back yard and rolled around in the dirt in a combo of poo/dirt...ALL OVER HER BODY. Crusted, pooey, dirt. And London and Olivia both JOINED IN. Three babies, covered in poo.
Ryan is back from Africa and was visiting when it happened. He just said, "I really admire you for what you're doing."
No kidding.
If you survive this, you can survive anything.
love you, thanks for giving me a good, hearty laugh.
rae
I'm dying right now because my mother wouldn't let me use the word pissed or crap either... Sometimes though, they are the only words that will suffice and truly capture the absolute crappiness that particular moment is and how utterly pissed off you are! :)
(good thing my mother can't see my comments on your blog)
hope the weekend redeemed itself and that the week has started out going well.
and ps, when can we get together?
Post a Comment