Monday, March 30, 2009

Ode to Anne


I have been having a really hard time with Jimmie lately. He is SO aggressive and perpetually has the mood of a premenstrual 16 year old girl who just got in a fight with her boyfriend. I don't know what to do with this kid (except kill him with love and patience--which is what I've been doing like crazy in hopes that he will miraculously alter).
This is likely a phase but in the mean time I have been enjoying this creative idea from my cousin, Anne. It helped my mood and fiesty Jimmie this morning as we created little messages like this to put in our eggs: "jump on the trampoline together, sing primary songs and dance in the living room, eat homemade popsicles and play golf outside, eat a candy together, have a reading picnic outside (ie: we lay out a blanket and read books), play trains on the train table and sing the Thomas song, or learn about Jesus and the Resurrection together"
Thank you for sharing your creative genius with us, dearest Anne. It's so fun to see Jimmie's eyes light up when I say, "Hey, do you want to open an egg and see what it says?" It has made loving him a whole lot easier (especially when he says things like, "Mom, Just STOP talking!" or my favorite "Mom, I'm trying to have a conbersation!"
With that being said, I don't want anyone to think I am an ungrateful brat. I LOVE my life. Sincerely I do. I just tend to unabashedly blog about whatever is on my mind. Good. Bad. Ugly.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, I am so happy to hear that! We are going through similar stuff with Thomas and Alex... they are constantly hitting/biting each other... I am going crazy! and then I teach the Sunbeams with five to six four boys! I think I am on boy overload! :)
But I sat behind this lady at church and she was sitting behind her two boys (11 and 13) and I was given hope that they will one day sit down quietly and reverantly for an hour :D

LilMisfit said...

Great idea with the eggs! I am going to have to copy that. Can one of them say, "Go to your room and play quietly for an hour?" ;)

Mrs. Cropper said...

You were one of the specific people I was thinking of when I said I love when people keep it real on their blogs. Your honesty is one of the things I adore most about you. And honestly, when Blaine is breaking drawers and tearing apart Grammy's possessions (both of which happened last week), I gotta say, it brings a little reassurance to know Max is flooding your bathroom. Just love knowing I'm not alone and my child isn't the only mischief maker!

Glad the eggs are working for you!

love you

Talia said...

It must be something in the air. the season change or something cause every kid I know is going through the same thing, so tham means mothers around the world are going nuts. I'm so sorry for you but i am glad to see that I am not the only one. thanks for sharing such a great idea to help with the moody kids.

The Skeehan Family said...

I have to say I will definitely be piggy-backing on this idea very soon. I love how creative you are joanie.