I fell asleep at 7pm last night and woke up with Brandon at 1am. I still haven't gone back to sleep (and may regret that decision in the morning). I've been working on my book for the past two and half hours and enjoying the quiet serenity of the night.
Jimmie woke up to get a drink about twenty minutes ago and told me he couldn't find his pillow. I went upstairs, found his pillow, and tucked him into bed. I decided to lay down next to him for a minute while he fell back asleep and this is what he said (how fun--that rhymes):
"Let's talk together." I giggled (b/c how dang cute can he get) and said, "What do you want to talk about?"
He hesitated for a moment and then replied, "We can talk about Jesus and stuff."
Be still my heart. How could a mother refuse such a request? I then told Jimmie about the story of Jesus' birth. After I was finished he said, "Can you tell me a story about Percy now?"
Monday, April 6, 2009
Precious Gem
Posted by Joan at 3:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I heart Jimmie! What a cutie. How is the book coming?
Gack! How could you NOT linger to have that conversation? What a sweetheart.
Love it when the stars align like that.
sweetness! Although, quite the rascals, I love it when they remind you of how precious they are as children! :) I always cry at the pageant when the disciples start turning away the children and Jesus tells them to let them come unto Him :D
What a sweet little guy. These truly are the days we will remember.
Jimmie is just so darn cute! Oh and Kai is totally into Thomas the Train and I have to say that show drives me nuts!
Post a Comment