lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
jane
she
wants
a
drink
of
water
so
she
waits
and
waits
and
waits
and
waits
for
it
to
rain
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
lazy
jane
she
wants
a
drink
of
water
so
she
waits
and
waits
and
waits
and
waits
for
it
to
rain
I determined that today would be a lazy day--hence the reason I included the poem.
I showered with Max this morning, blow dried my hair, and put my pajamas on. The rest of our morning included: "Monsters Inc.," puzzles, silly time, dancing to shnappy (prepare yourself for an odd song...but it's one of our favorites), a lousy attempt to teach Jimmie how to write his name and upon failing I tried to teach him the "First Article of Faith," (which did not work so well either), so we headed to the plastic pool in the backyard--naked (no, not me--I am still in my pjs), ate Mac n' Cheese for lunch (had mine right out of the pot), Jimmie hit Max in the face with his metal golf club, Max went down for a nap with all his teeth miraculously intact, and I just pawned Jimmie off to "The Incredibles" so I can have some quiet time.
So, here I am attempting to define today. Am I doomed to unproductivity if I lounge all day in my pajamas? What makes a day productive or successful? Would my definition of success be the same as my children's? Isn't rolling around on the carpet with mom, singing songs, having silly time and eating macaroni and cheese every child's dream?


14 comments:
I had one of those days today too. And sometimes, those are the moments your kids will remember the most. So, would you rather have a busy, productive, un-memorable day...or one where you spent quality time playing...and your kidos will look back and say, "Mom, remember that day we swam naked and danced around the house together? That was fun!"
By the way, that's my favorite poem...however, I repeat it to my kids when they complain about not wanting to do something...or walk some where...like to the church for Scouts...or to meet their ride for dance....
Sounds like a marvelous day to me. :)
That is a question I ask myself constantly. What makes a day a success? It is such a struggle for me to remember that a day full of puzzles and trains and snuggling is soooo productive in sooo many ways.
I love you
DIDO!!!
Oh my gosh Joanie that isn't the least bit lazy!! Paying lots of attention to your kids and having fun with them is the best way you could possibly be spending your time. Our kids would all turn out better if we all took lots of days like this.
I love mac and cheese! but it has to be Kraft. I had a lazy day as well. I actually have a lot of those days... unless of course I am working. Love you guys!
Those days are the best! well- minus the hitting! LOL! You sound like an awesome mom who knows just what her kids need sometimes! Love it!
sounds like my kinda day!
you are such a good mom. i mean that most sincerly.
I love those days, until 3pm hits. Then I feel weird and depressed and wasted away. What is that all about?
But then again...I don't ever shower. You showered. That explains it.
You are a good Mom.
Rae
I know I've already said this, but I feel like the days that I am lazy like this, I am my best version of "mommy" because everything takes a backseat and my baby boy is my only focus. Good for you for taking a lazy day:)
you pretty much summed up the last 6 weeks for me - except instead of Incredibles it's Mickey Mouse Club House and instead of Mac and Cheese - it's quesadillas...i'm finally fitting into something other than pjs now...so I have no more excuses! Back to the real world...
Oh...and on teaching Jimmie to write his name...let him just master one letter....Work on J's until he has them down pat, then move on. If you'd like to teach him to spell his name (like outloud), try spelling it in a song. Felicity learned to spell her name by fitting the letters into a song....like BINGO....There was a farmer who had a dog and James was his name...J - A - M - E - S, J - A - M - E - ...well, you get the point. Sing it in the car...while he's getting dressed, in between bites of dinner.....he'll have it down in no time.
In my book, that's a perfect day, filled with you, the boys and nothing else. Man, they are loved. And any day that includes pj's is ok, especially if you took a shower!!
Post a Comment