Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Back in the Blogging Business

My power cord broke (thanks to Sir Maximus) on my Apple and being the cheap/frugal/resourceful girl I am I bought a no name brand power cord for thirty bucks as opposed to Apple's overpriced one for eighty (okay, fine...my husband found the deal).
So, now I'm back in the blogging business and I have a little bulleted list by way of a brief update.

  • We were saying family prayers and it was my turn to say the prayer. Right in the middle of my prayer Jimmie interjected with (as in this is what he wanted me to say), "And help me to not be mean to my kids." Initially, me and B attempted to muffle our laughter in our hands but later, I felt like the schmukiest Mom ever. It's not like he said this during a fit of anger; he said it sweetly and with love during a prayer. Needless to say, I've been pondering my mothering abilities or rather INabilities lately. I'd like to challenge anyone who thinks Motherhood is not the toughest job out there.
  • I lost my phone a few days ago and as I was furiously thrashing through the house (there are few things I dislike more than losing something) Jimmie stopped me and said, "Mom, just talk to Jesus about it!" I stopped, stared in wonder and amazement at my four year old and said with a chuckle, "You are absolutely right, Jimmie. Thank you."
  • I feel guilty that I'm not making this it's very own post b/c it is monumental and wonderful: B quit his night job! WOOOOEEEE! Party! He is moving mountains in his real estate career and enjoying the time he has to focus on his family.
  • Jimmie has been taking swimming lessons for the past two weeks and has become a full fledged swimmer! He even jumped off the diving board by himself. We are so proud of him.
We are headed to Oregon on Friday to visit family for the week so I will post about our trip when we return!
Ps: how much does NKOTB bring back awesome 80's childhood memories!?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to have you back :D

I am so glad that you guys get to spend more time together as a family. You're hubby is such a hard worker :)

Jimmy has been full of wisdom lately :) There is not a prayer that goes by that I don't ask for forgiveness for my mothering abilities. We just have to keep trying our best :) which I think you are pretty darn good :D

Danielle said...

I am glad you are back. So if you take your power cord to the Mac store they will probably just give you a new one...ours broke and they gave us one for free. Worth a shot.

Congrats on having your hub back in the evenings. goodness that must be nice.

Emily Anne said...

I squealed out loud in front of my computer when i read that B quit his night job. So happy for you guys.

Love you!

Fawn Becker said...

LLLLOOOOVVVEEE New Kids on the Block!

Denae said...

YEA for Brandon! That is awesome for you guys.
Have a great trip!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I was so happy to hear that Brandon is finished with the night stuff, and more importantly that things are going to well with his "real" job. We love and miss you and are excited to see you soon...hopefully, you'll be livin' it up in a working van on the way up this way....