(you have NO idea how much fun I had making up names for this kid. Lorenzo being his "real" name)
We visited Uncle Bob's pool on the hill, a science museum in Ashland (the bubble room was my fav), a playland/museum in Medford, the Tuesday Market, picnic in Lithia park (complete with tasting "Lythia water"), sleepover at Melissa's (aka the night that would never end..thanks to many a waking babe), dinner at Gigi and G'pa's house, Ashland's allcomers track meet, and....phew! I think that's it! Like I said before: whirlwind.
My last day was spent with my cousin and dear friend...the ever stylish and lovely: Anne
(WWACW--hilarious) who unlatched the fabric floodgate by taking me to a quaint little shop in downtown Ashland. There I hand selected materials to make a pennant for a barren and much neglected wall in Jimmie's room.
Little did I know that this trip to the land of textiles would awaken the creative cat in me...and now I can't seem to get enough. I have my eye on this...and would still love more suggestions for sites to feed my newfound obsession.
Now we're back in hot, Hot, HOT AZ and dreaming of the lovely 75 degree Southern OR. It's no secret though that the people there are what really make it one of my very favorite places to visit.

4 comments:
http://www.freespiritfabric.com/
this website is a fabric dream!
I can completely relate to fabrics and colors and textures and .... I could go on and on! And I absolutely LOVE 75* weather...I am so excited that you are coming to visit...I hope the van is ready for you...it's been a nightmare! See you very soon!
Ooh fun. Can you sew? I think that would be great to make things. Good luck! I love it!
Hope you show us your creations. And (of course) I'm more than a little jealous that you got to go to OR (wink!)
Glad you had such a fun trip.
xo
Post a Comment