Thanks to a Grandma who was determined to build a tightly knit family by orchestrating family gatherings and reunions often I had the opportunity of frequently spending time with my cousins growing up. With that precious time we built memories and friendships that are deeply rooted. And even though we have all grown up and spread out across the world we still keep in close contact and revel in any and every opportunity to be together for weddings, family reunions or whatever.
And so, now that I have children of my own I want to afford them the same opportunities I had. It delights me to no end to see my babies build friendships with their own cousins (first and second). My dear S.I.L., Kristen brought her three babies from Houston to visit Phoenix for the weekend while on her way to Oregon. We spent every waking moment with them while they were here and savored every second.Max is almost a whole head taller (3 months older too) but Renz has him beat in the girth department. You should see him turn to the side...it's impressive :)
(Are these the prettiest little girls you've ever seen? Brilliant and beautiful--we're talking they have ten or more scriptures memorized and know the sign language to go along with it.)
Oh, and please excuse the exhibitionist in the background...we don't know where he came from.

6 comments:
I love naked babies! And yeah for cousins! So much fun...come visit us soon!
It's true:) Cousins are the best!
Those girls are beautiful :D
Those girls are incredible - not hard to believe when you know their mom & dad.
I hope my children will be able to have an experience like yours, surrounded by cousins, aunts & uncles and grandparents - guess that means we'd better get out of Texas :)
oh my gosh, blaine is a total nudist, so i love that pic of max.
we are so lucky to spend some time with those cousins this month.
and can't WAIT until you join us!!
perfectly stated - my favorite memories growing up are with my cousins too - I love that you want to carry that one - there is something so precious and unique about family and what each does for one another.
And ps, I love that exhibitionist :)
Cousins are so wonderful! I am so happy for your boys that they have so many living nearby:)
And I think Max looks awesome:)
Post a Comment