Monday, July 20, 2009

Finish Line

I completed two goals recently and I wanted to take the opportunity to share the good news:

1. Complete 100 pages in "Creating June" (my book) before the Utah trip (leaving this week).
CHECK!


2. Run a 10K (6.21 miles)...just to prove it to myself that I can (originally, I intended to run in the Pioneer Day 10K in Salt Lake but who wants to pay almost 40 bucks to do that?) So, I charted the course in my car and ran my own private race. Me against myself. I ran it in the middle of a monsoon at nine o'clock at night. It was awesome.
CHECK!


8 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Congrats! That is awesome...so, I have some members of a book club I belong to, if you'd like some "avid readers" to read a draft of the book. I would love to...I'm excited to see you this week!

thebusbyfamily said...

i love running in the rain!

and i'd love to preview your book too!

have fun in utah.

Anonymous said...

I'm a national publisher and I would like to discuss publishing your book, do you have representation?

Danielle said...

Congrats Joanie. It feels good to accomplish goals. Thanks for your encouragment.

Also I love the name June. Avery Jane was very nearly Avery June, or just June.

Joan said...

Where is your contact information Mr./Mrs. Anon? Pretty hard to believe you are a viable publisher (Brandon) when you used a "comma" in lieu of a period. "Do you have representation" should be a separate sentence.
I know it's you b/c you are Mr. Comma Happy himself :)

Rachel Haack said...

HAha. Oh Brandon, you are such a Tyler. Don't tease us like that about our dreams!

Anyways, YOU GO GIRL. Book writing, butt kicking, 10K running woman. "We ain't yo momma's kinda mommas"....as I always say.

I have my sprint triathlon a week from Saturday. Sprint only means "mini", not actually sprinting. I like that it sounds hardcore though. Wish me luck, I'll think about you for inspiration!


Rae

Rachel Haack said...

And btw...you owe me the rest of the book.

Denae said...

Awesome! Congratulations Joan!