Thanks to Auntie B and Rebecca for sharing their bread baking secrets with us. I LOVE this recipe b/c it is fairly easy and the bread is stretchy and doughy in the center but lightly crispy on the exterior. Perfect for sandwiches, toast, or hot out of the oven.
Whole Wheat Bread:
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
4 T. butter
1 cup white flour or unbleached white whole wheat flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup potato flakes
3 T. gluten
2 tsp. yeast
1 1/4 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
4 T. butter
1 cup white flour or unbleached white whole wheat flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup potato flakes
3 T. gluten
2 tsp. yeast
First, put warm water in mixer and add yeast. Then place all remaining ingredients in mixer. Pulse 12 times (this part makes me laugh b/c it seems silly but it is necessary...just turn the mixer on and off 12 times. I'm telling you this b/c I was not sure what "pulse" meant).
Mix for 10-15 minutes.
Put dough in greased bowl cover with a towel and let it double in size: 45 minutest +/-
Remove from bowl and place in sprayed loaf pan.
Let rise until doubled in size again (cover with towel).
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

10 comments:
What is the recipe for those cute kids?
Super fun! I LOVE homemade bread...and this makes me want to start baking more than just a bun in my oven! The kids are super cute...oh, BTW, once a blog goes private, it won't update the status on your list...so, don't forget to check out my blog occasionally.
Love ya!
your husband is too funny :)
it looks very yummy! I have still not attempted to make bread on my own! probably because I can always eat a whole loaf of homemade bread all by myself! :( :D
Max is getting so BIG!
Yum; I will try this one!
And super cute boys, as always!
Brandon: You are funny.
So something tyler would say. haha.
Joan: when I saw this I was dying, matching aprons?! And no, I never would think you were copying at all, but find it so funny that we were both baking with our children in matching aprons recently. We are like two peas in SEPARATE pods. Darn.
And the bread looks DELISH. I think I'm going to make some of my own today, you have me inspired.
Oh yeah, and our blogs are just proof that our kids are destined to be married to each other someday, don't ya think?
Rae
Do you have a recipe to cure male pattern baldness?
I've have been making bread every Sunday now & it is sooooomuch better than store bought :) Your boys are too cute in those aprons!
so melissa and i are going to make bread when i'm down there in a couple of weeks . . . maybe you could come teach us.
yes. i told megan you inspired me to make some bread, but i will wait until she comes to visit.
thanks again for dinner. i've decided you are a WAY better friend to me than i am to you. i'll try and do better :)
of COURSE you make bread. of COURSE. you write books, you makes wickedly cool crafty things... and now you bake bread.
seriously... stop showing the rest of the world up.
or, keep doing it because you are a rockin' awesome mama. :)
thanks for inspiring me all the time
Post a Comment