As the old adage goes: "Better late than never." Well, here I am finishing what I started in June 2000. I have over 100 credits from Brigham Young University so why not legitimize myself and punch out the last few classes? It's about darn time is all I have to say!
I considered finishing up at Arizona State but who wants a degree from ASU when they've spent 97% of their academic effort at BYU? No offense to ASU or any other university for that matter, but I happen to have Cougar pride! I want to graduate from BYU. So what if the degree has a lame title: Bachelor of General Studies with an emphasis in English Literature.
Anyway, I was just accepted to the BGS program (it's on-line) and signed up for my first class. I have yet to receive their analysis of what required classes I have left to graduate, but I perused the transcript myself and found that I am less than 15 credits deficient. Not too shabby, eh? I'm excited about it. And considering I promised B when we were dating that I was determined to get my PhD in English I have A LOT of work to do. At this point my mantra is: "Slowly but surely."
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
BYU Co-Ed...Again
Posted by Joan at 4:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Way to go! I looked into that a few years ago but I wasn't in love with any of the BGS emphases and it would've taken me a little longer. You'll do great!!
A small light at the end of the tunnel. I want to do my PhD too...not sure what in, yet. But, it seemed like the first three degrees took me forever, just a little bit at a time.
impressive joanie! good job you!
that's great. you will have it done in no time! im glad they have the online option. it might be fun to get back into school too. yay!
Good for you Joan! Slowly but surely is the best way!
Post a Comment