Thursday, September 10, 2009

Things As They Really Are

My sister read part of THIS to me today, and I was so impressed I looked it up on-line and read it with Brandon.
Elder David Bednar's comments are richly insightful and prophetic. It is timely and crucial counsel for our ourselves and our families.
He sets up the discussion by sharing fundamental doctrines that as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I am familiar with, but the depth of the discussion begins about half way through.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Emily Anne said...

This talk is such a treasure. It really impacted me and caused a lot of introspection. speaking of...i should get off the computer and go play with my REAL babies :)

love you!

Rachel Haack said...

I'm so glad I read this.
It reinforces what I have been thinking about lately myself. Between school (mostly online), and then the host of other distractions the computer can offer (check & write emails, check banking, work on budget spreadsheet, blog roll, peruse craigslist, shop - the list is endless!), I definitely feel the struggle to keep it in balance.
I have given myself a new schedule to keep it in check, I do school and any computer related things from 6am-8am (hence why I'm posting a comment at 7:30am!), and then no more computer or school for the day (except for maybe naptime).

It would be so AWFUL to replace reality with cyber-reality.

Thanks for the great info. Very timely indeed.

Rae

Danielle said...

very interesting talk. Thanks for posting it. I often worry about things like this and how it will affect our children growing up with technology that we didn't have.

thebusbyfamily said...

kelt & i read this last night.
great talk. great info.
thanks for sharing.