Friday, November 20, 2009

New Moon Review


I'm far too amped up to go to bed...not really, I mean, I am exhausted but I'm also far too devoted to the cause to make you wait for my review {b/c I know you're all DYING to hear my opinion}. Anyway, it's 2:53 and I just got home from the premiere. I don't want to make the mistake of speaking too highly of the film before you go see it for yourselves but I have to say I was thoroughly pleased with every element of New Moon.
I was most pleasantly surprised with Taylor Lautner's performance. He proved to be more than just a ripped out hottie and shined as a viable, developing actor with an unquestionably solid future in film making. Wait, did I mention what a phe-no-me-nal body this kid has?! He definitely puts Edward to shame in the physique department!
As for the much boasted about action in New Moon it did not disappoint. The sequences were intense and well choreographed. The werewolves looked impressively realistic (well, as realistic as over-sized wolves can look, anyway).
The story line impeccably followed the book and remained true to every detail...and there were no holes in the plot line (which was a common complaint of Twilight).
I would offer more detail but my brain is officially shutting down. Incoherence is setting in...Time for sleepy.

Over-all Rating 4.5 out of 5 stars.
GO. SEE. IT.

One more quick thought: Edward semi-bugged me in this movie. Not that I didn't like him but compared to Jake he was too serious and stuffy. I NEVER thought I would appreciate Jacob like I do now that I've seen the movie. He pulled off the impossible by causing me, and others I'm sure, to question whether or not we truly think Edward is right for Bella.
Again, big praise for Taylor/Jacob!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Joan, I totally thought of you last night and I knew you were loving it just as much, if not more, since you are such a die hard. I thought it was awesome! Taylor and the wolves...WOW!
and I was finally won-over by Edward as well. Though due to having seen Taylor with his shirt off the whole time, I think he should have worked out with Taylor a little more :) and shaved :)
June is much too far away! :)

Amanda Wilson said...

I woke up this morning and the first thing I thought was, "I really hope Joan posted her review of New Moon. I want to see what she thought. I totally trust her opinion." I was not able to see it last night because my husband was on call, so I needed to live through you. I am so glad you loved it. I am sure I will too. I am glad they stuck to the story line so well. I always worry about that. Can't wait to see it! Thank you for posting even though I am sure you wanted to go to bed! It made my morning!

Joan said...

Adriana: I agree! But aren't you glad that it's June this time and not NOVEMBER?! I could hardly stand waiting an entire year for NM! Glad you enjoyed the movie as much as I did :)

Amanda: You are the cutest thing ever. Thank you for your kindness.
I hope my opinion of the movie is valid to you after you go see it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it...but I've read some pretty mixed reviews. That's always the case though.
Bottom line: if you compare it to Twilight...you cannot be disappointed. NM is far more sophisticated on so many levels.
Please let me know what you think of the movie after you see. I too respect/trust your opinion :)

Jared St. Clair said...

Joan, first let me preface this by saying that I love you dearly. You are wonderful in almost every way.

BUT ARE YOU SERIOUS? Questioning whether or not we truly think Edward is right for Bella? Um, am I confused? Isn't this a fictional story? These people aren't real right? Bella isn't your little sister and Edward the chemistry major and Jacob the Jock that are vying for her love?

Keep writing these posts, they are hilarious. I am enjoying them very much. I will deliver my own review of New Moon later today after I see it. Hahaha, I love this Twilight thing. Where else can you find intelligent women with husbands and kids that act like teenager's fretting about Jr. High school crushes?

Talia said...

I am so jealous that you got to see it already.I hope that I can go on Sat. night. I can't wait. I may just have to watch Twilight tonight just to pump myself up even more. Thanks for not spoiling the movie for us who havn't seen it yet. As far as Edward and Jacob go. You can't go wrong either way I say Bella can do a Hannah Montana thing and have the best of both worlds, all she needs is a blonde wig.

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

We saw the movie this morning. I will let Jared do a review first...and then, I will render my own. lol.

Olivia Carter said...

I agree with EVERYTHING you said here. I even put a link on my blog post to this one because you are MUCH more articulate than I am.

I can't wait to see it again!

Kristen said...

Joanie,

Totally agree with everything. I am in love with Jacob now. Where is our picture?! ;-)

Kristen

shannon said...

My song is in your playlist!!! I feel so honored! ha!

And I liked the movie too! I got an ear infection the day it premiered and I had to give up my midnight ticket and a night out with my girlfriends. ugh. i was so bummed. Luckily...I went the next day all by myself at 11:30am and it wasn't sold out! ha.
A coke and some Edward helped my ear get better quickly. ha ha.

K said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK!! I'm dying to go see it and just haven't figured out how to make it happen yet! I literally sit and think, "There are people out there sitting in a theater watching New Moon...I SHOULD BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!!" AAAAARG. Wish we could go together:(

Katie said...

You didn't find his voice utterly nasal and annoying. He was hot as long as he kept his mouth shut.