On Monday, we packed up and headed to Rocky Point. We found a one bedroom beach front condo at the Sonoran Spa Resort for 70 bucks a night (Brandon talked the realtor down from 79). How can you wrong with that?! We spent three lovely nights and four relaxing days laying out at the pool, playing in the sand, and eating bowl after bowl of fresh guacamole. I didn't expect the trip to be as refreshing--bringing kids on a vacation can often prove to have the opposite effect that a vacation should have. But it turned out really well. We strapped the kids into their own life vests and let them bob in the pool--which allowed me to breath--and eat far too much pool side. Who knew honey, sesame seed covered almonds could be SO good...or shortbread button cookies (thank you, Trader Joe's for supplying us with healthy* snacks for our trip). *Healthy if you eat a serving size---not the entire bag in a few sittings.
Brandon and I even got to do some reading (intermittently and with regular interruption--but nonetheless). I finished Crime and Punishment--reading that book was about as much punishment as I could stand. Thankfully, the ending redeemed the long and often uninteresting book (which is simply the gamble you take when choosing to read a classic). It felt good to get it done. I spent some time with Martha while flipping through the November issue of Living. She even inspired me to take the homemade pie plunge. I am in charge of baking four pies for Thanksgiving dinner. I will post about those later. On Brandon's reading list: Glenn Beck's book Arguing With Idiots, which he is thoroughly enjoying.
Here are a few pictures of us:
His facial expression is silly...he's just trying to fit in with his two and four year old sons.

8 comments:
Love it! Wish we could have joined you....I SOOOO need a vacation.
OK, you guys are the funnest family! It seems like you are always going somewhere exciting--good for you:) I'm so jealous of the sunshine...:)
Joanie dear, we were on vacation at the same time! And get this - I totally went out of my way and stocked up at TRADER JOE'S for "healthy" snacks while on vacation! I ALSO got honey, sesame crackers (not the nuts, but those sound yummy). I was dying while reading this. AND I can't WAIT to read the Arguing with Idiots book. We have his first book, which was pretty darn hilarious too...
What a coincidence.
:)
Rae
aspen said, "hey dats my friend max!"
i love that picture of your max-o.
everything looks amazing! i need to get kelt back on board.
Crime and Punishment is not creatively titled, as it is a "crime" that someone calls that book interesting, and "punishment" to read. I promise I am not a member of the Hair Club for Men. Yes, I think Glen Beck is kind of kooky on the radio, but the book is actually very intelligent, and a good source of interesting information. Go Capitalism!
mmmm, the snacks, the sunshine, the sand. it all looks so nice.
and i totally think you were skinny dipping
(wink!) love ya.
awesome!
so cute! Max is so big now {I'm talking about tall}
Post a Comment