Tuesday, December 22, 2009

{Christ} mas

With all the chaos surrounding the commercialized Christmas we are sadly all too familiar with...I was delighted to watch this simple video on Sunday. It reminded me that Christmas is a celebration dedicated and {ideally} centered around the birth of the King of Kings. I am humbled to honor and remember Jesus Christ this time of year--and always. He was born under the most humble of circumstances, in a cattle stall. He lived a life of service and sacrifice and performed marvelous miracles as recorded in The New Testament and The Book of Mormon. The completion of His life on earth testifies of His pure and selfless existence as He suffered every pain and sorrow for all mankind and endured death by crucifixion. I am thrilled to know that after three days he arose from the dead as the resurrected Christ.
It is my hope this Christmas time that we forget the madness of the malls, the flurry of cookie baking, and Christmas card sending...and refocus. This season is a celebration of Christ's birth and the love that he so openly shared with all walks life. Let us honor Him by following Him through charity, humility, love, and service.

Photographs by: Mark Mabry

2 comments:

Mandee said...

beautifully said, joan! thanks for the reminder!!! Merry Christmas to your sweet family!

Jenny said...

Joan! This is Jenny (Hansen) Fairbanks from freshman year at BYU. I just saw your family pics on Ashley's website. She and I were good friends in San Francisco. What a small world! It was so fun seeing your pictures and your gorgeous family!! You are so beautiful! Your blog is darling, and I'm so glad to see you're doing well. Stop by and say hello on our blog sometime (I'm way behind on posting) and/or shoot me an email jennyleefairbanks (at) gmail (dot) com.

Love ya!