I don't know what it is with me and wreaths. I have these glamorous ideas in my head and that never end up looking as clever as I'd hoped.
I attempted a Thanksgiving "nut" wreath that ended up looking hideous on my front door--ie: my front "security door." I am not a fan of our security door. It makes my house look like a prison cell. If we owned this house it would be down the day after we moved in and I would have painted our front door some happy color. But a girl can't have everything she wants (at least not all the time)...and that's okay.
Being that February is almost here, I wanted to make a happy heart wreath to welcome people in my home. I was originally inspired by a heart wreath I saw at Tai Pan in Utah (couldn't find a picture of it).
Okay, enough explanation. Here's the project:
Everything I found was 50% off, so I spent about 13 dollars for everything.
(why this section decided to be underlined, I have no idea. Sometimes blogger has a mind of her own).
I am not a huge "wood wreath" fan...so I kind of like to tame it so it's not as twiggy looking.
Honestly, I'm still deciding whether or not I like it.
I'm not saying that to beg a compliment. Really. Just being honest.
I just found THIS wreath online. It's much more my style. So, next year I will be making a felt V-day wreath. Looks like my flowery one is up for grabs. Any takers? :)

5 comments:
I think it's cute. Valentines day is all about being a bit over the top isn't it. Cupid, those sugary heart things, & all that craziness! I think it's perfect
I agree with Olivia, it is cute, and Valentines Day we have no choice. Our ingredients are restricted to heart shapes, pink, red...
You did good!
Oh yeah, Lily Lu is SO into the song fireflies and is dancing right now listening to it on your playlist.
Thanks again for your lovely email last week, it was so nice of you.
Rae
Shuuuuuuut uuuup!
I have TOTALLY made that granola, I even searched the term "granola"!
haha, talk about the same page, you weren't kidding!
It is crazy good. Especially when it is warm and gooey right before you cook it. It was like oatmeal cookie dough.
This is a very cute wreath. I know what you mean about being twiggy though. Gotta keep that under control. Love the polka-dot ribbon.
i like you and your craftiness
Post a Comment