Monday, January 25, 2010

It soon will be...

...the month of love! Do you know what that means?! It's time for homemade Valentines.
Last year, my dear, dear friend Karyn and I started a tradition to make hand crafted Valentine cards--I usually only make two or so (one for each set of Grandparents) b/c I don't want to get burned out and it's cost effective to do it that way...oh, and one more thing: I can't stand the impossibility of choosing who to give to and who not to give to--especially when I just sent out New Year's cards! If you didn't get one...I still love you :) Please don't take it personally.
Here is what this years Valentines looked like. Do you know that I am OBSESSED with hounds tooth? In fact, when I was at Hobby Lobby buying my paper I was wearing a hounds tooth scarf:


This is the front.


The Valentine.
It's crazy to me that Max and James have almost the same size hands and they are nearly three years apart in age!


The back.

Just fyi...you have to pay a little extra (it was about 1.25 to send these and they measure 8x10 ish) when the envelope has embellishments b/c the post office cannot run it through their machines. I think it's worth it though :)
Happy card making!

3 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ohhh! Those are so cute! Love 'em!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So cute....and homemade! I love it. You know how I feel about homemade crafts....I'm glad you reminded me that V-day was coming...I do the 12 days of Valentine's for Jared each year...just little things every day to show him that I love him...better get started! Love you!

K said...

ADORABLE:)
And I loooove the nail polish!