Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Fiery Pit of...


Potty Training 'H.'

I am potty training Mr. Max today. The optimistic Joan says, "Ah, such an adventure! Look at all that he is learning! Before I know it he will have this figured out."
The pessimistic Joan thinks, "AHHH the patience slaughtering torture of it all! I absolutely cannot do this and apparently neither can HEEE!"
My allergies are driving me MAAAAD to boot: runny nose, watery, itchy eyes, sneezing mess! I took two Benadryl to ease my suffering and now it is all I can do to keep my eyes opened.
I know, I know I'm being mildly dramatic about things. I have to keep in mind that the poor guy has spent two years and four months of his life pooping and peeing his pants (ie: in a diaper). I've been coaxing him to relearn his entire philosophy on bowl movements, and I'm expecting him to have it figured out in five hours?!
Deep breath. I can do this. Max is napping now (with a diaper).
Ahh, I now have a much needed break from being the poop/pee janitor and potty cheerleader.

Image taken from: www.babble.com

3 comments:

shannon said...

Good luck!!! Jane keeps trying to potty train herself and i am not ready yet! ha ha. I bought her the Dora chair (after she fell in my toilet that same morning...oops) and now she wants to go on the "Dora potty" all the time.
Today at Kate's horse riding lesson she told me she needed to go potty and i told her to go in her diaper...am i mean or what ?!!!?
ahhhh the joys....right???

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

When he is ready it will come. Malachi just up and decided one day that it was time. I know you've done this before so don't take anything that follows as anything except loving ideas... With both of my older kids, I started by putting them on the pot every time they took a bath. Just let them sit and get cozy with the toilet idea. I poured a bit of warm water through their legs to help show them what would happen. And sometimes, this actually made the "go"...and that helps things along. Malachi absolutely LOVED throwing in a few cheerios and "squirting the holes"....have Jimmie "show Max" how this is skillfully done! Best of luck...it will all come in time.

Rachel Haack said...

The cheerio idea is grand! If only it worked for girls too!

You are so on top of it Joan, good luck. Are you one of those awesome "one day" trainers?
London totally has an interest in the potty and I am procrastinating biting the bullet and just potty-training. What is wrong with me?! Her turdy diapers are stenchy enough to kill a village!