Saturday, February 20, 2010


There are few things more painful in life than watching your own child suffer. James has had a cough/runny nose for weeks now, which can only mean an ear infection is looming. He is prone to them--like his daddy. And tonight, despite my valiant efforts to fight off the inevitable with vitamin C, he woke up tonight, an hour after we put him to bed, in tears. James is a pretty tough kid and a heavy sleeper. He doesn't just wake up for nothing. I did what any Mother would do: cried, held his little boy hand, and told him I love him. And, for the pain I prescribed a 1 1/2 tsp. of IB Profin and told him to say a special prayer. I stood by his door and cried some more as I listened in on his perfect prayer. My heart swelled with gratitude at the sound of each faith filled word. He desperately plead to Heavenly Father to make his ear feel better and to help us find a doctor.
Brandon went to Walgreens and talked with the pharmacist there who told him of a pediatric urgent care that is opened through the night...
It's late. I'm a total mess and a complete boob. I need to get some rest...and wait for my boy and his daddy.

8 comments:

shannon said...

Poor baby! HAng in there! I hope he starts feeling better soon!
xoxo

Rachel Haack said...

Oh Joan, I feel your pain. I am the WORST when it comes to seeing my children suffer. It is so awful to watch your normally rambunctious and happy child innocently suffer...poor boy. Poor Mommy. Thank the heavens above this is a treatable illness though - I always feel so sad for the parents who have it much worse (and I'm sure you do too)...


rae

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I know you pain on all levels....I was the ear infection queen...ended up finally getting tubes in my ears to start clearing things up....I hope he gets feeling better...

Joan said...

Squeeze my boys and they will get better. Max is too little to potty train. You can tell who this is from can't you? Love, Love Love you

Amanda Wilson said...

Poor kid...what a precious story. I hope he is doing better and I LOVE that picture of the two of you!!

The Linfords said...

aww that just makes me teary!! I can somewhat relate! Mick had her first shots and it just brought me to tears! Hope he feel better soon :)

thebusbyfamily said...

how's potty training going?

Brandon Koplin said...

Gosh, I really like being married to a supermodel-author-mother-babe!