Friday, February 26, 2010

A Palette Well Pleased

Must get every last drizzle of frosting off before Mom sees that I took a second cupcake!

Uh, oh. Caught in the act. I'm done for.
Triumphant. Ha. Too bad you didn't catch me before I finished all the frosting. I could care less about the cake part!


Me and my little Max share a passion for food. There is rarely a day that I don't feel like yelling, "MAX! I JUST FED YOU! Are you REALLY hungry again or are you just BORED?!"
I laugh at how similar I am to my youngest boy. We both have a terrible disease called "bottomless-pit-itis." It's tragic, I know...but we live to eat. I am grateful that I am passionate about good food. Not that I don't LOVE a maple bar every now and again or bag of salty potato chips. In fact, anyone who really knows me knows I have a special place in my heart and stomach for junk food....but with that being said, nothing tickles my fancy more than a whole foods grocery store. Isles and isles filled with things like Olive tepenade, Buckwheat Soba noodles, creamy Havarti, cilantro and jalepeno hummus, honey sesame seed almonds, cream line maple yogurt with crunchy granola, or how about fresh ricotta and tomato/basil bruschetta atop a crisp slice of french bread drizzled in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and fresh cracked pepper?
Oh wow...I'm afraid I got a bit carried away. Sorry about that. So, how many of you are hungry now? :)

8 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man, my kiddos are bottomless pits also. Starving children!

Sue & Mike Koplin said...

He is a cutie!

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Me, me, me! I love food....can't get enough. I had some tasty pita with sun dried tomatoes, some yummy cheese, olives and fresh garlic hummus today...and maple yogurt from Brown Cow is my absolute favorite...and granola, and havarti, and....well, the list is endless! And I love that Max only at the frosting....such a Koplin...who likes cake anyways...not me!

Rachel Haack said...

This just continues to get weirder and weirder - our children are soooooo similar. Max and London, Lily and Jimmie. London is my little piggy, and I LOVE it. She sits and methodically eats and eats and eats every last bit of anything.
In fact, I'm thinking we need to do a switch-a-roo with our betrothal documents.
Jimmie and Lily might kill each other with their robust spirits, and London and Max would become obese feeding each other endlessly!

Max is gonna have to go cougar with Lils, and Jimmie can go for younger lady Lundy. Does this sound good?

;)

rae

Fawn Becker said...

My little Kai is the same way...he is never NOT hungry :) I love it because as you know I can eat as much as any man I know. Max is getting soooo big & looks so much like Brandon.

41st Avenue Photography said...

Um, I second EVERYthing! :) And yes, I am starving after reading that!

thebusbyfamily said...

yum. must be good frosting! i want the recipe!

K said...

Is it sad that I check your blog every day because I miss you?