When I was a little girl, my dad used to make an Easter tree with us kids. We would poke holes on either end of the eggs and blow the yolk and whites out into a bowl. Then we would paint them and hang them on a plant in our house. Usually it ended up looking a bit tacky and silly with all our smudgy paint...but it provided me with a treasured tradition.
This year I decided to finally make my own little Easter tree (Kate inspired me a few years ago to come up with something a touch more crafty than my childhood Easter tree).
James painted his egg that I have yet to hang. I totally forgot about it till now...oops.
Here is how it turned out:
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Reviving Tradition
Posted by Joan at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What an adorable idea!! You guys always do the cutest things! I LOVED the cupcakes too. Your boys are so lucky to have you for their Mom!
Oh that's so cute! I have NO Easter decorations but I should- this is just darling!
Love it. Makes me want to do something crafty now.
SERIOUSLY!! That is the cutest thing EVER!! You are so talented, Joanie:)
Oh I can't believe I inspired this beauty! Turned out great! So festive and fun! Funny thing is I only put mine up that one year because then we moved and I didn't save the branches. I think Mark looked at me funny when I wanted the throw them in the moving truck... so I didn't. Lame. Now seeing yours makes me want to get some new branches! So you've inspired me!
Post a Comment