Yesterday, James told me he has three brains:
1. The Good Brain
2. The Thinking Brain AND
3. The Bad Brain
He explained the function of each brain in detail as follows:
1. The Good Brain likes to have fun and play. It makes me happy and I share with my brother and do chores.
2. The Thinking Brain does letters and numbers. It works best when I am at school.
3. The Bad Brain though...just wants to look at bums.
Oh, this kid has it more figured out than I give him credit! We now refer to the "brains" during different situations. I will remind James to ignore his bad brain and start using his good brain when he's teasing his little brother or whining (which are also functions of the "Bad Brain").
I learn so much from my boys. They have a candid and simple way of sharing some of life's greatest complexities.
Friday, April 30, 2010
Brains
Posted by Joan at 5:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh my gosh seriously!! What a hoot he is. Makes me want to look at bums, I love it. You have the cutest boys ever!! Oh and I wanted to tell you, I looked at your makeup tutorial on Bloom and learned SO much! Thank you for the eye liner tip--I have been trying it, and yes using lots of q-tips but its been awesome, and the hubilicious likes it too. :) So thank you Miss Joan!
This is HYSTERICAL. And so genius! Thanks for the laugh, kids are too funny.
rae
Hahahahaha!!!! Too funny! I don't even want to disect what my bad brain does... It works too hard, that's for sure!
Can't wait to see you!
Xoxo
I just sat here and laughed to myself. Why is it that kids are able to break down truth into such simple parts? (-- just listen to your good brain when your bad brain is talking... Wow.)
Out of the mouths of babes.
I love that you share moments like these. They really are wonderful. And it makes me miss my sweet "second sons" that much more.
That is hilarious!
Oh yes. I found your blog.
this should be in a psychology journal.
Little boys are so great :)
Oh Joan thank you! That is awesome! I think Ben has a big bad brain. What a funny kid. I can't remember if I told you this or not, but Kim & Jared said Taj reminds them a lot of Jimmie. He must be adorable then!
Post a Comment