Thursday, April 22, 2010

Max, Markers, & Smoojies

Max's passion for the arts has caused him to reinvent the wheel a bit. Who needs paper, canvas, or clay when you can create your masterpiece on your very own body?! I fear this child may have a future in tattoo artistry...

Exhibit A.
This is his "scary/mean face." I would have to say that he accomplishes both quite well with this expression, wouldn't you?


Exhibit B.
Another one of his "mean faces." Poor kid sticks his finger up there so high he gives himself watery eyes. It's all for the cause--so worth it.

Exhibit C. (with minor edit for modesty's sake)

And finally, Exhibit D.
I like to call this one, "The Tragedy of Hitler."


And by way of celebrating Earth Day, we made apple/mango smoothies for lunch.
Yum, yum.
How making smoothies helps the earth...I'm not sure. But it sounded good regardless.

It made Mr. Max happy, that's for sure.

Oh, and "smoojies" in the title is not a spelling error. That is what James calls "smoothies" and I think it is just about as cute as I can stand.








7 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Yummmmmyy....and such a cute boy - gotta love the Maxter....Bridger swears that Norah and Max look a lot a like - must be the Koplin in him.

shannon said...

Jane is sitting on my lap saying,
"uh oh mom! look it!"
"Janie no!"

(we had a similar incident with a pen yesterday.

Maybe they can take an art class together! ha ha ha

Fawn Becker said...

Max is getting sooo big! He looks so much like Brandon. And, is that permanent marker on him?? That's sooo hard to get off :)

K said...

Loooooove that you are a relaxed mother who soaks up each moment. You are LITERALLY an inspiration to me-- you really are a great mom. :)

PS just noticed you changed your canvases!! Can I see them? They look pretty and interesting!

thebusbyfamily said...

i REALLY like your bench by the way!

i also like you and your little boys.

i hope you are doing well on this monday morning!

Mrs. Cropper said...

"How making smoothies helps the earth...I'm not sure"
hahaha you are hilarious

plus, have i told you yet that I LOVE that bench?! A+

Single-Mother Land said...

"the tragedy of Hitler"

hahaha at least this wasn't scissors and hair!