Friday, April 16, 2010

Grandma, Grandpa & Auntie Koko...

came to town. And it was pretty darn fantastic.
All the stars were in alignment: Kristi (B's sister) had a track meet at ASU, Mike and Sue had an anniversary to celebrate, and we were in desperate need of a visit from them.

James was delightfully surprised when both Grandpa and


Grandma came to pick him up from preschool.


Aunt Koko (Kristi) the track star wowed us all with her personal best. She threw the hammer 196.7 feet and now ranks FIFTH in the nation!? How rad is she? The girl has the most unbelievable thighs--like rock hard and awesome. Congratulations Kris. We're so proud of you.

The boys did a lot of this at the two day track meet. I couldn't specify what "this" is, really. I think they are examining James' skinned knee.

After the meet we had a few extra moments and decided to join the mud volleyball tourney going on (yeah, I wish). Could you think of anything MORE fun?!

Despite what some of you desert skeptics might think, Arizona has some of the most beautiful hikes/bike trails in the world (in my humble opinion).
Here is Daddy and Son taking a breather along the way.

They caught this National Geographic moment for all to enjoy. Unbelievable, don't you think?!

Sue was as giddy as a school girl on her way to see her boyfriend, Paul.
Aren't they the cutest couple?! I hope I am as young and fun as they are when I'm um....older :)

Mr. Paul McCartney in all his glory.

One last thing I had to include...the bench. Our neighbors were trashing it and I saw the potential.
Brandon's Daddy LOVES projects and it has become tradition for us to put him to work when he visits us (last visit he played plumber and fixed a few things along with building a retaining wall--LOVE him for his passion for work).

This time around Mike spent his free moments making our bench lovely.
After 30 ish bucks in white high gloss paint and pillows she looks pretty perfect in my kitchen!
Thank you, Mike :)

We love you and miss you Grandpa, Grandma, & Kristi!




10 comments:

Kate said...

Love that bench. Jealous about getting to see Paul. And finally, is that snake eating a fat lizard? That is crazy!

Bryan and Rebekah said...

How fun! Sounds like it was a pretty exciting weekend. Only wish I could have been there...how about in a few weeks:)

Bloom said...

so glad you had visitors :)
and that bench is darling.

xo

Bloom said...

p.s.
bloom = em

Fawn Becker said...

What a cute bench! And, I am pretty sure that pic of the snake munching down the gila monster (?) is going to give me nightmares!

K said...

Your boys look so incredibly grown up, and my heart aches that they are growing up without us being there!!! Sounds like a really fun week, and I LOOOOOOOVE your bench!!!!!!

Andrew and Marti Enke said...

I love this post! The snake pic upset me tho.

Talia said...

You're sis in law goes to SUU? How cool. I am from Cedar City. Lucky girl, I would love to move back there some day.

Sue & Mike Koplin said...

We had such a great time!! I love you guys and miss you all. Can't wait until we go to Arizona! xo Sue

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

LOVE the bench...I wish I could find free stuff to make into something wonderful!