We spent a full week in Flagstaff (about two hours north of Phoenix) with Rebekah (Brandon's sis), Bryan (her husband), Mike, and Sue (B's parents).
It was a brisk but lovely 50-70 degrees throughout the week and we had ourselves a good time!
The week's events included:
Hitting a few balls at the driving range. It was Bekah's first time...so that was fun :)
This is a pic of Brandon and his little sis :)
I took the teaching moment and ran with it...I told James that living in that cave is like living without Heavenly Father's love. It's dark and cold and lonely. I explained that when we reach the mouth of the cave where the sun illuminates the lush forest and warms the earth that is like Heavenly Father's love for us. It makes us feel happy and warm and alive.
I don't think he'll forget that analogy any time soon.
The following picture illustrates exactly what I mean:
LtoR: Joan, James, Bryan, Rebekah, Sue, Maxwell (with G'pa's hat on), Mike, & Brandon.
I'm not sure why they are scowling in this pic? Possibly reminiscing about the cold, dark cave they just left behind?
And we are glad that Mike and Sue joined us as well. Thank you Mike for paying for ice-cream out and multiple lunches. We were well taken care of thanks to you!
Here is a video of me going down slide rock.

12 comments:
Sweet Video!!!1
I LOVE your sunglasses! And, I can't belive you went down slide rock --that water is ICE cold. I am totally with Jimmie on the lava tubes being creepy...I was SO scared in there.
We had loads of fun with you guys! Thanks for playing with us.
Looks like tons of fun! What a great trip. Thanks for posting all the pictures.
And you in a swimsuit?! Hello! You are looking great, lady!
What a fun trip for you guys! And whoa sexy mama in your swimsuit! LOVED the video--you are one brave lady!
I'm so jealous...I wanted to be there too! So much fun, love the pictures, love my family! Let's do it again with EVERYONE soon...
can we just say you look wayyyyyy to much like a fashionista to have been in the forest outside lava tubes.
Seriously you are my idol :)
Looks like you had a WONDERFUL time! Hope you are feeling better - give me a call when you'd like to do round 2 :)
Wow what a fun trip! And a great reminder of some of the fun stuff we have in our state; go AZ! :)
what a fun week!!
i am impressed that you & your boys made it all the way back into the lava tubes. i have yet to accomplish that, i start to panic every time i get in them.
gotta love slide rock . . . it didn't look too crowded, no?
Ok, is Jimmie 19 yrs old now!!!??? I swear he looks SO GROWN UP! I could just die! I'm missing it and it makes me sad:( Good thing I have your blog to POUR OVER. lol!You and your darling boys-- how I love your family! What a fun trip! And honestly, you look RADIANT in your pics and video. Not radiant in a "gosh that's a cheesy adjective" type of way, but more in a - "SERIOSLY, WOW, YOU ARE GLOWING" - type radiant.
Love you.
A great time was had by all! Thanks for sharing it with us!! xo Mom and Dad
How fun! I love the pic of the boys scowling! So funny! And the video made my day! That is a never ending slide! You look so good Joanie!
Post a Comment