Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Pukes and Park City

This year we partied in Park City for our annual mission reunion. Things were busy, busy with 12 adults and 9 kids under the age of 5yrs. The Eyre's Park City cabin/home accommodated us all very nicely. Although that's easy for me to say because we got the coolest (temperature-wise) and coziest king sized bed down stairs. There are definite perks to being pregnant!
We paid our dues before our elaborate get together though. Two days before we were supposed to meet up with everyone Max threw up after our boating trip with my brother and sister and their families. Then James threw up and I threw up and Max threw up again...the only one who did not participate in our puke party was Brandon! Lucky duck. He got to play man nurse instead :) haha.

Park City Activities Included:

  • Date night (all nine kids were left behind with two brave 12 year old girls who I'm sure have vowed to never have children of their own).
  • Daddy golf outing (thank you, Todd for your sweet golf hook-ups!)
  • Mommy shopping/lunch date--I discovered how fat and pregnant I am on this day! I wore tennis shoes for heaven sake and afterward my poor feet were aching. What is wrong with me?!
  • Kids/Dads spent the afternoon at a splash pad while Mom's were foot loose and fancy free.
  • Special meeting with President Bennett (mission pres) and his sweet wife.
  • Alpine slides
  • Games
  • Outdoor play
  • lounging/chatting
  • Lots of delicious food!



Me and B on our date night with all the couples. We went to this fancy bowling ally ("fancy" and "bowling ally" aren't allowed in the same sentence--but this place reinvented the bowling ally, I'm telling you). We sat on lounge couches and had a waiter bring us really, really tasty food while we bowled. It was awesome. We ended the date with an indulgent stop at Cold Stone.

It was super hot up at the alpine slides so we shared an ice cream cone to cool down.
Are you laughing at my facial expression?!

Sir Max enjoying a hearty bite.

James on the merry-go-round. Both him and Max enjoyed this more than the actual slide!


The boys waiting in line up at the top of the slide.


Taylor, James, Kate and McKay outside the cabin playing in the fountain.

You don't see signs like this in Phoenix...ever.
Here are the boys at the splash pad with Brandon and all the other daddy's and kids.

The boys both fell in love with this sheep skin rug at the cabin. Such a tactile experience!

Other news: I threw my sister, Sabina a "Justin Bieber" party for her 17th before we left for Utah. We had her favorite pizza, got manicures, and then went out for frozen yogurt afterward.

Also we had a visit from this 2 week old beauty named Ruby Shaeffer. She is my cousin Rachie's little girl. James and Max were over the moon for her.


Thank you for the good times, friends! Till next year :)


5 comments:

Brandon Koplin said...

I like you. Next stop...Mexico?

Kate said...

That sounds like such a fun trip!
Rachel's Ruby is so darling.
And ummm, no way that little Sabina is 17.

The Shaeffer Family said...

Sounds like you guys had quite the trip! How fun! Yay- Ruby got a shout out on the blog! James and Max were so cute with her...they are going to be great older brothers!!

thebusbyfamily said...

you're back!!

sounds like a good trip, minus the throw up part!

i LOVE that picture of you and brandon!

K said...

Look at how beautiful you are: your gorgeous long locks and radiant visage (a complex word, I know, but that's what came to mind--I'm still not sure if it's English). You are a rockstar of a mom, sister and wife, and the best friend I've ever known. Sure miss you and am SO GLAD you're feeling better :)