I keep telling my boys that I am going to have the baby after Halloween. The other way I attempt to give them an idea of "how much longer" is in terms of "sleeps." James came up with this one. He always asks, when referring to an activity or highly anticipated event, "Mom, how many more sleeps till..."
Ultimately though, they prefer the "after Halloween" explanation better than 60+/- sleeps. Sixty is a hefty number to a two and five year old. I might as well say 60,000 sleeps.
Anyway, this morning I decided that if I'm having this baby after Halloween then we better get Halloween on the calendar! Best way to hurry up a holiday? Put the decor up early!
So, this morning Brandon hoisted the humble Halloween tupperware box out of the attic and Max and I went to work.
One other highly valid reason for putting the Halloween decor up mid September? Brach's brand candy corn. I can't have that out in cute jars in my house unless I have my Halloween stuff up, right?
Ultimately though, they prefer the "after Halloween" explanation better than 60+/- sleeps. Sixty is a hefty number to a two and five year old. I might as well say 60,000 sleeps.
Anyway, this morning I decided that if I'm having this baby after Halloween then we better get Halloween on the calendar! Best way to hurry up a holiday? Put the decor up early!
So, this morning Brandon hoisted the humble Halloween tupperware box out of the attic and Max and I went to work.
One other highly valid reason for putting the Halloween decor up mid September? Brach's brand candy corn. I can't have that out in cute jars in my house unless I have my Halloween stuff up, right?

8 comments:
Your house is so cute!
I have that same "boo" but mine isn't sparkly- yours is cuter...
mmm candy corn reminds me of my grandpa, I swear he had it at his house all year round somehow!
Those are some cute decorations! Makes me want to get mine out :)
OKAAAAAAY - you didn't tell me that you bought an incredible adorable white bench for your KITCHEN TABLE! How clever and sassy is that! I LOVE IT! And the new vase on the table as well... okay, just realizing I haven't been in AZ for over a year and a half. These things probably aren't new. But you should know that I love them.
And as for the decor. Love it.
You've inspired me to get mine out to...after Will's birthday party this weekend. Witches and birthday candles just seems a little... I don't know... Off.
PS
I looked at the bench again and thought, "Sigh. It looks so summery and relaxing." Only in Arizona could it feel summery in September.
Man I feel like we live in a completely different world up here in MN.
ooh I love your bench too!
(but not candy corn)
I'm LOVING the spiders. You are such a cute cute mama. I love how you got everything up - so festive and fun. And what a great idea to get the boys psyched for babito numero tres. :)
PS... I just loved our little random visit and am so looking forward to tomorrow night! :)
How do you make those spiders? I think they are sooo cute and my kids would love them too!
ps
we've got a houseful of (brach's) candy corn lovers! :) it's the ONLY kind i will ever buy.....
have you tried Sweets Candy Corn Taffy??? YUMMO!!
Mandee: I need your blog address again. My old computer crashed with all my blog links on it.
If you look back through my blog history last October I posted a "how to" on the spiders :)
They are super easy and fun..but can I recommend Martha Stewart brand glitter (available at Michaels). I used the cheap garbage and wished I hadn't. They just aren't as sparkly as I'd like.
Post a Comment