Monday, September 20, 2010

32 Weeks

I am really 30 weeks along but I have decided, along with my O.B., that it might be wise to induce labor two weeks early to cut down on baby's birth weight. As fun as it was to deliver an 11 pound 4 ounce "toddler," I think I'll pass this time around.
I am dreaming of a nine pound four ounce boy. That would be just fine with me. Nothing I can't handle...but still round and squishy :)
I thought it might be fun to duplicate the exact picture every so often so I can see how my belly has evolved. And I'm afraid to say my belly isn't the only part of me that has changed over the past few months. It's all a part of the gig though, right? And so worth it, I might add. As challenging as pregnancy is I would do it one hundred times over for that perfectly tender moment when I hold my baby for the first time. Everything is right with the world and I don't even recognize that I have a sore, tired, wasted, (not to mention) overweight body. I am so, so anxious to meet this little one.

19 weeks

30 weeks (actual)
32 weeks (delivery)

The fact that the second one is closer up does not do me any favors.
Notice anything else that's grown?! Hello mammaries!? Yuck.

11 comments:

Mandee said...

hey joan! our blog address is mwheelusfamily.blogspot.com

thanks for the spider info! :) my friends and i are going to make them for a girls night or something! SO CUTE!

ps- i CANNOT believe an 11 pound baby came out of you! UNBELIEVABLE! You are a friggin ROCKSTAR! :)

K said...

I'm just sitting here laughing to myself. I think you look great :) 30 weeks and STILL GLOWING. I wish I could be there with you, to rub your feet and feel more kicks; and watch your other babies so that you could just nap. And your tender treasuring of your motherhood is just beautiful. What a wonderful mommy you are, dear Joanie.

K said...

PS please note your THICK pregnancy hair. I'm so jealous. :)

Single-Mother Land said...

you like 9lb 4oz baby so much? you coulda had mine! lol

you're beautiful.
i can't believe you're 32 weeks! man. everyone else's pregnancies go by fast!!

thebusbyfamily said...

i agree with above comment -- kelt and i were just commenting on how fast this pregnancy has gone by!

has it gone by fast for you too??

you already know i think you look great ;)

The Shaeffer Family said...

Oooohh I can't wait to meet this next little one either! I have been doing my "capstone" this semester on a Labor and Delivery unit and it has been quite the adventure...I saw an 11.1 lb baby in the nursery today and I thought of you...Oh. my. gosh. I can't believe you pushed a baby bigger than that out of you!!!!!!!!!!!! It looked hugely gigantic compared to the little 6 lb babies. But you are right I loved having a big baby...So chunky and easy to snuggle with! And I feel like they come out ahead of the game! Its great.
And I agree with above comments...you look amazing! You make me actually miss being pregnant! And thats not easy! :)
I too think that moment you first meet your baby is the greatest moment in the world. it was the best moment of my life so far...I even cry every time I watch a delivery when the mom first meets her little one...all of the other nurses look at me like I am such a rookie but it's so amazing!
Ahhh I love ya Joanie and I can't wait!!!!! Its so soon!!!

The Linfords said...

HOT MOMMA!!

Rachel Haack said...

I love that you even did your hair the same for both photos...so Joanie!

You really are a glowing pregnant girl too, I mean it!! And those big luscious booooooobies!!! I actually like that part of pregnancy. It at least seems to balance things out a bit.

Love you, and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. Apparently I've freaked my entire family out and since have been receiving random phone calls from my sis, brothers, girls in the ward asking if I'm okay. Too honest perhaps. Haha!

rae

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

I left a fabulous comment yesterday...apparently it didn't work...anyways..I agree with Linz - Hot Momma. Also, I love fatties...I had one, with "cleavage" as you put it...now, she has cleavage, thunder thighs and saddle bags...could she get any squishier???!?!!?

Hyeson said...

You look fabulous - a sexy momma if I ever saw one. I can't believe you're almost there. Wasn't it just yesterday I was asking if you had some news to share?

eyre blog said...

2 weeks Joan! 2 WEEKS!!