My sister in law, Kristen passed this recipe on to my Mom who then passed it on to me. It is LOADED with the good stuff and has no oil or butter (until you pull it out of the oven warm and delicious and slather butter all over it--that's how I prefer it, anyway).
This is the perfect solution for all you Moms who have children that are particular eaters. Just look at all the ingredients you can sneak in without them knowing/tasting it!
{Hearty, Healthy Muffins}
1 1/2 C flour
3/4 C flax seed ground up in a blender
1 C brown sugar (even 1/2 C is enough)
3/4 C oat bran
2t baking soda
1t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2t cinnamon
1 1/2 C grated carrots
1/2C raisins
1C nuts (chopped pecans are yummy--or leave them out entirely if you prefer)
3/4C milk
2 eggs
1t vanilla
Mix together and bake at 350 for 15 minutes
I filled my cups to the brim and they raised nicely to make a round top.
I always double the recipe (each recipe makes a hearty dozen). If you double it make sure you add 2-3 minutes on your bake time.
Oh...the small "t" means teaspoon not tablespoon. They are easy to confuse :)
Max & Aspen
Couldn't these two be siblings?! They were such great helpers.
3/4 C flax seed ground up in a blender
1 C brown sugar (even 1/2 C is enough)
3/4 C oat bran
2t baking soda
1t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2t cinnamon
1 1/2 C grated carrots
1/2C raisins
1C nuts (chopped pecans are yummy--or leave them out entirely if you prefer)
3/4C milk
2 eggs
1t vanilla
Mix together and bake at 350 for 15 minutes
I filled my cups to the brim and they raised nicely to make a round top.
I always double the recipe (each recipe makes a hearty dozen). If you double it make sure you add 2-3 minutes on your bake time.
Oh...the small "t" means teaspoon not tablespoon. They are easy to confuse :)
Couldn't these two be siblings?! They were such great helpers.

7 comments:
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! These are the amazing muffins that I was DYING to eat at your house that one time but couldn't because of the whole CANDIDA health issue (do you remember your sweet mom offering them to me in such innocent ignorance?). AND NOW I can eat them!
Thank you for sharing!
YUMMY!
yummy to the muffins.
yummy to the kidlets.
man, they are cute aren't they?
Oh Yummy! I say that to both the muffins and those cute faces. I'm going to try this recipe this week. And slather it in butter too.
Oh yeah, that Sia My Love song is my new favorite on your list. So beautiful. I might include it in my birthing playlist...but wait, is it about death? That wouldn't be good.
It's deep and peaceful though.
My mouth is watering. Thanks for the recipe. and thanks for being my most loyal reader. You are the best.
and we are sitting here Nobe and I listening to the sia song!
going to make them. they look delicioso! and um... can we PLEASE get together BEFORE you have this baby?!? :)
(by the way, your 32 week pic is beautimous)
Post a Comment