Last year, we started a family tradition: every October/November we go to the beach. Last November we went to Rocky Point, Mexico for four days and this year we were super spoiled and went to Solana Beach, CA (just north of La Jolla). But instead of four days we savored eight glorious days together. (I am laughing that I just wrote "glorious" --- story to follow at the end of this post).
It seems odd to head to the beach in the fall...but we have not regretted either trip in the least. The weather was a brisk 60 in the morning and evening and 70-75 during the day.
And can I tell you that falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the waves crashing against the beach is simply magical? Ohhh, how I miss it already.
Here is a travel log of our adventures together as a family:
Thanks to one of Brandon's clients we stayed for FREE.
Spoiled brats, I know :)
Hands down my favorite of all the Temples.
Whoa, belly alert!
Could you die about his random facial expression?!
"It kept crashing into things and it didn't go fast at all."
Valid point, I think especially considering it resembles a speed boat.
It had sharks, jelly fish, sting rays, you name it.
Oh..back to the beginning (referring to "glorious" as previously mentioned in the post).
So, when on vacation we indulge in treats we otherwise would not purchase...thus I had some mini oreos in individual bags for the boys as a beach snack. After James put a few in his mouth he said, "MOM! Where did you get these GLORIOUS snacks?!"
haha!
Needless to say, it was a "glorious" trip...and the last one we will take as a family of four.
Next year we will have a little sand eater along with us...can't wait to meet the little monster :)
Only THREE more weeks!

14 comments:
Great post! Loved all the pics. Your boys are just darling! I'm glad you got to take such a fun, long beach trip. And I can't believe it is only 4 weeks!! You are so cute as a pregnant lady! Want to come to dinner before you are home-bound in December?
What a fun trip it look like you guys had! We would love to go to Legoland someday. And you look darling with your preggo belly! I loved the pic of you and Brandon kissing-you guys are perfect for each other.
How fun; looks like a fantastic trip! We've gone to the beach over fall break a few different years; it's a great time to go! Great pictures and good luck over the next few weeks; exciting!!
What a fun trip, I love the pic of you guys in front of the Temple. It's such a beautiful Temple
Seriously!?!?!! Only a few weeks away?! Joan! You look awesome! What a fun trip to wrap up the pregnancy!
Can't wait to meet the new babe!
Xoxo
3 WEEKS!!!! I can't wait to meet the next little guy! I feel like you have been prego forever (and I am sure it has seemed even longer for you!). You look so cute! Are you practicing your hypno-birthing!?!
Your trip looked amazing! Lego-land? I think that is what heaven will be like for all little boys! You guys are such fun parents. You're boys are going to have the best family memories!
P.S. I just want to say that Max is a giant! He is only 3!? I love him!
I am coming for Thanksgiving so you better bet I will be over there a ton to snuggle Baby 3! Newborns are the best! I just want to snuggle him already!
Oh man I was sure it was 2 weeks.I miss marked my calendar!
3 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the sailor shot. You two are the best!
so many thoughts went through my head reading this:
1. your boys are so adorable
2. i love your belly
3. legoland is AWESOME
4. that boat ride is a cop-out
5. you are amazing going on a trip that preggo!
Love all the pictures! I want a picture being kissed by a sailor. Can't believe you have 3 more weeks! Exciting!! Good luck:)
You are so amazing, do you know that? :) Looks like you had a lovely trip with your darling fam. As always, SUCH a good mommy :)
LOVE the sailor kissing picture.
that's a great one! did some random stranger take it? i really like the framing :)
Joan,
You are so beautiful! I love the picture of your family in front of the temple. I love that the boys are total boys and you are SO feminine.
Love ya!
oh my gosh - that does look GLORIOUS!!! The pictures are fantastic. And anytime you want some tagalongs to the beach, we are in :) I mean, we have the beach as the background noise for the girls to fall asleep to! :)
So nice and cute I put some sstuff on you blog to look it is sad it well make me cry so you should to
Post a Comment