I came across a snake wreath in "Martha Stewart Living" magazine. I cannot for the life of me find it on the web to show you how I modified it...but oh well. Hers was essentially the same as mine but all black and no glitter. NO GLITTER?! How could she?!
I got the snakes for a buck each at Wally's.
I know, I know...Why spend the extra money on "Martha Stewart" glitter?! Silly waste of money, right?
WRONG.
Take my word for it. It is worth it.
I put a bag over my hand so I could hold the snakes and get different angles to coat it thoroughly.
Even when dry these guys are a bit tacky. They never seemed totally dry for some reason.
Ooooohhhhh, Ahhh! The magical M.Stewart glitter!
I wanted to coat every surface of the snakes but decided that would be more of a challenge than it's worth b/c so much glitter came off when I touched them...even when dry.
Funny, that's often how I feel when I look at pictures of myself. haha.
The truth of the camera hurts, I guess.
Ps: my Sister, Nikki made the "Spooky" pennant. It's my favorite.
I promise you can't see the white paint showing through in "real life" like you can in this pic. Like I said earlier...my camera is on its last legs. Anyone wanna buy me a DSLR for my birthday?! Maybe someone can send the memo to my husband. It's a bit pricey for a b-day gift though...especially considering we are in the market to buy a big family wagon for our three babies.
Happy Halloween Crafting!

11 comments:
I saw this wreath in the Martha magazine & yours is SOOOO much better! I LOVE glitter :)b
Ooooooo! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
Very cool! I think I could do it!
and I hope you get a dslr!
You have the cutest holiday decoration ideas! That wreath is so fun and cute! I wanna do fun crafts too!
Love love love the wreath (there I go again with multiples of the same words)...I may have to copy this idea...I'm going to be posting my most recent holiday crafts soon so be sure and check them out!
oh CLEVER! I love it.
if only we were moving closer to you guys! thank heavens for blog updates. very very cute joan!
Wow!! So beautifully awesome-- I totally want to try it!! Thanks for the tutorial!
EEEKK I hate snakes. Lovely job though.
Hey Joan...I need your email - but here is a message anyways. You know how I love your playlist of music...well I have created my own with a lot of your selections. I have one for you: Oh Happy Day by Edwin Hawkins singers. It was a hit in the early 70's. I heard it when we saw the movie Secretariat loved it! Enjoy. I love the Mormon Tabernacle Choir - but could you imagine singing this in church. Hallelujah
Alexis
LOVE this! So clever!
I'm LAUGHING SO HARD because I made the EXACT SAME WREATH. Except my snakes are itty bitty - why were my walmarty peeps not so helpful in finding snakes?? What the heck?? I resorted to Halloween store but they are massively small and I didn't even THINK about glitter. DANGIT!
You make me smile.
Oh got your message.... La Jolla? YOU=SUCK. :)
Call me when you get back!!!
Post a Comment