Tuesday, November 16, 2010

He Is Here!

Benson Edward Koplin
Born: November 15, 2010
Measuring 8.11 lbs. 20 inches long (hooray for a tiny boy!)
Healthy, Happy, & Perfectly Handsome



The boys meeting their new baby.

Max said, "Oh, Mom! He's SO cute!"
James was worried about the IV in my hand.


We are in-love...shhh, don't tell Daddy :)


My friend Melissa took some incredible photos of the delivery...I will post those and the birth story soon.
Also, my apologies to all of you who have phoned or texted with no response from me. Thank you for understanding, the outpouring of love, and support.
We will talk soon...

17 comments:

The Linfords said...

Oh My Gosh Joan. You did perfect. He's such a stud!! I can't wait to hold him...These are making me want another one :)And look how AWESOME you look for just popping a baby out!! Way to go!

felicity said...

So happy for U I love him he is cute see you soon (I hope) I love him He is going to very crazy You know why max and James are and now be redy for more!

Kate said...

Ohhh! What a cutie! And what a great name! Love it. Good work! Hope you're feeling ok! Can't wait to see more pics and hear the birth story (even though birth stories make me nervous - so I hope it was smooth!)

Congratulations!

Cami said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby. I am so excited and happy for you. You do look SO BEAUTIFUL! How do you do it?Brandon is a lucky man!

I love you and hope your new life is full of joy. You deserve it! I love your whole family and miss all of you. I wish I could just hug you and hold that adorable little Benson.

Good work!

Emily Anne said...

oh-ho-ho-ho. what a perfect little guy - a miracle! love the name. so happy for you guys.
xoxo

sara said...

Congratulations! Such a cutie! It cracks me up that you consider 8-11 to be "tiny" :) I hope are feeling well. You look fantastic!

eclaires said...

How great! Congratulations and good job, Mom! Looking forward to more pictures.

The Skeehan Family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!! So very happy for you and your family. And I love how the boys are just staring at him - so precious.

And I'm seconding - you really look wonderful.

Love you love you

LilMisfit said...

Makeup, fixed hair, and earrings? You look so fantastic, Joanie! How is it possible that you just had a baby in these pics?!

And HE IS SO ADORABLE! I love his name! He is so super cute! You make such handsome boys! And YEAH for a normal sized baby! I want to hear all the details... especially what you thought of your doctor!

thebusbyfamily said...

it's crazy how much they change in the first hours, days of life. he already looks so different to me.

what a handsome little man!

i am excited to hold this one (and trying really hard not to be super annoying and let you have 5 seconds to yourself and family - but, man, it's hard!)

K said...

I got emotional looking at these pictures. Your baby boy is here and safe and perfect and in your arms. I am so so so so so happy for you all!!!

Rachel Haack said...

Sister-friend,

YAY YAY YAY! I got your text and was sooo happy. What a chubby little bub of love, he is edible. And you mentioned James being concerned about you - so funny because Lily was the exact same way. London was over the moon excited and Lily was initially freaked out to see me in a hospital bed, etc.

What handsome, handsome boys you have. You (and Brandon) deserve to be SO PROUD.

Love you all!

rae

Ps. Oh yes, your pearl studs did not go unnoticed. Ah Joanie, you make it look so good! haha.

Sue & Mike Koplin said...

I love all of you so much!! Can't wait to hold Ben and smell his baby smell!

41st Avenue Photography said...

Congrats Joan! He seems just perfect in every way. I love his name too. So darling. So thrilled for you. Enjoy that little angel.

eyre blog said...

oh Joan!he is beautiful! this is such special/sacred time.

goodbye man-to-man, welcome to zone defense!

Mrs. Cropper said...

I love that he is 'tiny!'

I generally try to leave moms with new babies alone for a while. it is a sacred time. seriously. so i'll get all the deets from your blog and mom and then i'll start bugging you when the first few weeks are over. :)

he is beautiful and i am so glad things went so well. looking at the pictures of your three boys made me excited. :)

love love love

Denae said...

Congratulations guys! What a sweetheart. Happy Holidays!