Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Time is Here!

I'm 99% sure I posted a pic almost identical to this one last year. I love my big disco ball ornaments. They're my fav...and the one above it covered in glitter and rhinestones. I'm pretty much obsessed with both.

I found Max "reading" "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to Bensie this morning. Such a good big brother.

Is it sacrilegious of me to say this picture of Benson reminds me of baby Jesus?! It does :)


The Spirit of Christmas is in our home. It truly is such a wonderful time of year!
I put Handel's Messiah on in the car the other day and couldn't help but cry when the the choir sang, "Wonderful! Counselor! The Mighty God! The Everlasting Father! The Prince of Peace!"
Every Christmas as a child my Mother played Handel's Messiah while we opened presents. I can't listen to it without thinking of all the Christmases past and the magic surrounding this time of year.

4 comments:

The Linfords said...

That picture of Max and Benson is SO priceless!

Emily Anne said...

i just read a few things that were negative and bitter and was feeling kind of murky inside. and then i came here and was so happy to find warmth and light and goodness. i got a tear in my eye thinking about the Messiah and reading your comments about it.

oh, and could you please tell benson that his auntie em loves him already :)

xoxo

K said...

Oh my gosh. Can I just smoosh a kiss into those cheeks!?!? Do you just kiss him ALL DAY!?! How his cheeks just GOOSH into his neck and those little pooched lips. You know that feeling in your chest?-- you know the one I'm talking about when you just want to hold that baby as close as possible. I'm there :) Aaaaand the treee is to DIE FOR. Wish my kids would leave our tree alone long enough for me to decorate it! Some how they broke the lights on the very bottom layer of branches; our poor WALMART tree. Come January, we are buying a big, solid pretty one. :) And --sorry last comment-- how darling is little Maxie? READING "TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS" TO Benson?! What a sweeee-tee. He must have awesome parents :)

felicity said...

so cute I wish I was little so I could be read to