Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Benson's Blessing Weekend

Grandma and Grandpa Koplin paid us a visit this weekend in honor of Benson's blessing. Aunt Rebekah even stopped by on her way from Texas to Washington to see us.
Highlights include:

  • Dinner at Barros Pizza (can't beat their bbq chicken pizza)
  • Picnic at Lakewood park
  • A trip to Rawhide (country western town with rides for the kids etc).
  • Grandpa's home repairs (the side gate, new numbers on the house, fixed the garage door opener button, cleaned out the dryer vents...)
  • Playing Qwirkle (HIGHLY recommend it--and I'm not a huge game person)
  • Watching Grandma soak up little Bens
  • Learning Grandpa's new marble game
  • Sue's yummy pot roast for Sunday dinner
Here we are Sunday morning before Benson was blessed.
Aunt Rebekah had to leave Friday and I didn't get a single picture of her :(
Brandon was in charge of setting the camera timer...so his smile is a bit forced. haha.

I still laugh about the bonnet...isn't he darling?! James and Max wore this when they were blessed. It has been passed around my family since my older brother, Richard was blessed in it 34 years ago.
I love that we have something from Brandon's side of the family too. The blanket was made by Mike's mother, Grandma Frederickson.


The petting zoo at Rawhide was so fun for the kids.


James was so in-love with this pig. He ended up laying next to him and rubbing his fat tummy.


Here I am nursing Bens. It was the perfect bench: in the shade and hidden in a discreet area.

The burro ride.
The boys loved it.
Max riding "Bert" haha.
Me and the boys on the train ride.

Look at those naughty jail birds!

Snuggle time with Grandma


My new address plate and numbers.

Our re-painted gate with new wood.
Thanks for all your hard work, Mike!

We miss you three already. Come visit again soon!

8 comments:

Aim said...

K, you are gorgeous!! I LOVE your bangs. Everytime I look at your blog, I love them and want them! Maybe someday I will get up the nerve. And your boys are just as darling as ever. You have the best in-laws, I just love them! Great job Mike on the fix-ups and the family pic that Brandon took made me laugh-there's Brandon for ya! Hope everything is going well with the new babe, he sure is a keeper.

Fawn Becker said...

Your yellow shoes are FAB!

The Shaeffer Family said...

What a fun-packed weekend! I lve the pics of the boys with the animals. Haha. And Bensi is already looking so much bigger! I am dying over that pic of him with Grandma! What a little angel! And ya I totlly spotted those yellow shoes and I think they are fab as well!

P.S. I recognize that burp cloth with "Benson" on it!...I love that basket Gram gives us! So cute.

shannon said...

Fun weekend!
I love the YELLOW shoes!
xoxo

thebusbyfamily said...

brandon did a beautiful job blessing benson.

kelton said that after he was done and before he held up the babe for all to see, he said something like

"thank you gentleman, that was a successful baby blessing." :)

we like your family.

The Skeehan Family said...

I have just spent such wonderful quality time on your blog and I have enjoyed EVERY moment. And of course your home would be featured on someone's blog... of course, no surprise here :) :)

You have such a beautiful family Joanie, I love reading and getting little glimpses - it is a treasure.

And ps... you are looking MAGNIFICO!

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like so much fun!

And abut the language in Stolen I'd say it's more like R because of the use of the F word. I'd say it wasn't until 3/4th of the way through the book so I was surprised when that word kept popping up. I'd say like 8 or so times. Maybe more.

Usually if I mention language as an issue it's because of the F word. A sprinkling of biblical swears are expected but "the bomb" is one I try to warn about.

Hope this helps!

Denae said...

Oh I'm jealous you got to have them visit. They are some of the most fun people alive! Now, when are you coming here??? 75 degrees & sunny at the beach can never be bad.