Sunday, May 8, 2011

Our Highest Honor

I took this picture a few days before Benson came into the world. It was one of my last mornings with Max as my baby.

This is my favorite quote about Motherhood. It gives me the chills every time I read it.


"All the honor and glory that can come to a man or woman by the development of their talents, the homage, and the praise they may receive from an applauding world worshiping at their shrine of genius, is but a dim thing whose luster shall fade in comparison to the high honor, the eternal glory, the ever enduring happiness that shall come to the woman who fulfills the first great duty and mission that devolves upon her to become the mother of the sons and daughters of God."

Melvin J. Ballard

I have been blessed with a Mother who has devoted every drop of herself to her children. She is a valiant woman committed to teaching, loving, and serving us with all her might. I love you, Mom.

Happy Mothers Day Weekend to all of you fabulous, talented, lovely women out there :)

5 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

I love a good quote about mothers!

I absolutely loved listening to you sing in rs. It was a perfect way to end a good hour of reflection on mothers.

I am glad you are my friend :)

xo

thebusbyfamily said...

ps I don't think there was a dry eye in the room

Joan said...

I love you more darling. No one could be a better Mother than you are.

Joan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K said...

I wish I could have heard you sing! I know it was beautiful!! I love this post and that picture is so intimate and sweet. You are a mother to the core in all the best ways. And I love and adore you for it...and I KNOW I'm not alone in that :)