
Saturday morning I told B I was headed out for a hike. He suggested we all go as a family. I was reluctant but agreed realizing full well that it was likely to be a 20 minute ordeal filled with, "I'm tired. I need a drink! I'm SO hot!" and not the invigorating quiet time I'd hoped for.
I was more than pleasantly surprised when we made it to the top without a single complaint from the boys or peep out of the baby?! Nothing short of a miracle, my friends. And did I mention it was a beautiful, breezy morning? It was perfect, perfect.
Benson seemed to be asleep most of the time but I wondered if that was just b/c he couldn't keep his eyes open in the bright sunshine!
No my boys are not hailing Hitler...they are actually singing the end of the BYU fight song, "RA, RA, RA RA RA, RA, RA, RA RA RA, RA, RA, RA RA RA! GOOOOOooOO COUGARS!" ;)
These two are such dear friends.
It is mornings like these that make those sometimes less than fulfilling, utterly grueling days as a Mother so very worth it.
It is mornings like these that make those sometimes less than fulfilling, utterly grueling days as a Mother so very worth it.


5 comments:
so fun to do as a family!! (but yet one of my very favorite things to do by myself with some good music in my ears . . . ahhhh, nothing changes a frown upside down faster) and totally sounds like something kelt would say/do in the same circumstance.
xo
Ahh. I love your boys:)
They are holding hands.
That just makes a part of my heart ache with happiness. It is beautiful.
You have such a beautiful family, and I can say from experience that your house is peaceful and full of love.
Sure love you!
I love it...I completely would have been hesitant too...funny how sometimes what seems to be a little annoying at first thought turns into something wonderful and worth documenting. Hope we see you soon!
This inspires me to get going on my new year's resolution to hike...the weather is just finally starting to be right. You are a fit little family, I love the shot of your boys playing together...
Did you get my voicemail?!
Post a Comment