Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Plight of Every Man


Max is sitting on the couch next to his dear friend, Aspen who, between you and me, he likes quite a bit more than a friend. Aspen is watching James play a game on the ipad (Brandon received it as a commission bonus) while Max is staring at Aspen.

"I really want you to marry me!" Max proclaims boldly! (This is after he formally proposed at a friend's Memorial Day pool party with flowers in hand, mind you. Oh, and just so you know, she responded casually, "I don't mind.")

Aspen does not even grace Max with a glance or some other simple acknowledgement of his existence.

I ask Max, "What did you say to Aspen?"

Max says in a tone of exasperation, "I really want to marry her!"

"Why do you want to marry her?" I reply keeping a serious face.

"So she can have a baby!" He says matter of factly. "But she WON'T let me?!?!"

WOW. Let's hope she "won't let you" for a while...like, as in, at least 19 years after you have married her in the Temple?! haha. What three in a half year old wants to get married and have a baby? One that is related to me, of course :)

Kelton & Melissa: a word of advice--Lock you daughter away now!

4 comments:

Bryan and Rebekah said...

ahh! I want Max to wanna marry me:)

thebusbyfamily said...

consider it done!!

haha, I'm not worried about that boy at all. especially because he has a really good mommy & daddy :)

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Ohhhhh...I LOVE MAX! What a sweetheart!

The Skeehan Family said...

hahahahahaha...... THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta to love that little Max boy.