Monday, August 8, 2011

Rae Rae

Look at how domestic she looks in the hostess apron I made her (thanks for the tutorial, Anne). I am NOT a seamstress so this was a biiig stretch for me.


After two weeks in Oregon and after Daddy flew home back to work, me and the boys drove off to Sparks, Nevada to visit Rae. I met Rachel when I was in high school. Her mom, Alexis and my sister, Nikki were friends and that's how we crossed paths. We were roommates at BYU, married the same year, and each had three babies. She bore girls while I was busy nurturing their future husbands ;)

I could just die about these two!



L to R: James, Benson, Lily, Ellie, Max, & London

Rachel reading to the kids. I love how theatrical and expressive she is. It's so fun to watch the children's faces as she reads.

Out to lunch at the lovely Arlington Gardens with Rachel and her Mom.

Thank you for such a fun filled week, Rae! I miss you and your babies already!





4 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

that hostess apron is something else! if i invite you to stay at my house for a couple days can I get one? wink. wink.

i sent "rae rae" a message and "outed" myself as your friend and occasional stalker.

Danielle said...

Darling apron Joan!

Also...my mom was Miss Sparks circa 1974-ish.

shannon said...

Hi, my name is Joan and I'm a total babe.
Wow Joanie! Pretty sure i don't want to sit next to you at the lake in my swimsuit! Woo woo!

K said...

You have serious skills. I'm way impressed! How fun that you guys have kids the exact same age - you've got the future in-law relationships covered! :)