Thursday, September 29, 2011

Cake Pop CrAzY

So, my friend Suzanne left her cake pop book at my house the other day (the one by Bakerella) and guess what? I caught the cake pop bug. I even dreamt about them that night?! haha. I decided to take the plunge and make one of the more complicated ones...the cupcake shaped cake pop.

This is a photo of Bakerella's
She put them in a glass of sugar. Cute idea.


This is her cake pop book. Could you die about the little robot cake pops?! Perfect for Halloween. Although, I will probably stick to the lower maintenance ghost, skull, and jack-o-lantern ones that she has in the book.

Here are mine. They turned out alright.

I actually put too much frosting in the cake and mine ended up a little too gooey and not as cakey. So, I froze them and that made them a bit more appealing.


Fun times. Lots of work...but fun.
I even gave one to James' teacher and she immediately emailed me and said, "OMG, your cake pops are amazing and waaaaayyyy better than the ones at Starbucks (his teacher is the Starbucks QUEEN). Needless to say, I was totally flattered.




5 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

to say they turned out "alright" is an understatement.

they are pure awesomeness!

shannon said...

yum! come make some at our house!
kate is alllllllll over this kind of stuff right now.
Cupcake Wars is in her top 3 favorite shows :)

Darling work Joanie

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

So fun. What I great idea!

Rachel Haack said...

Don't you dare come over to my blog and call me the festive one!!! You cake pop Martha Stewart baking B !

Lol, I wish I could have eaten one!

And yes, the apron was on!

K said...

Omigosh. YUM. How 'bout I just fly out and eat some too, eh? :)