Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween To All


It just wouldn't be Halloween without a skull cake pop!? I actually ended up making mint Oreo truffles for the inside b/c I prefer them over the cake filling. Cute, eh?

Here they are close up

I found a package of foam blocks at Hobby Lobby (kept the plastic packaging on to keep them all together so it would be big enough to hold 2 dozen ish), covered it in orange tissue and added a few decorations. Wha-LA!
The pops were super sturdy too which made the transport nice n easy.

I am SUCH a fan of these little wood painted pieces that you stick in your pumpkin. I had black spray paint that a friend gave me (she's moving and didn't want to pack spray paint--smart). So, we painted him and stuck the eyes, mouth, etc in (found the kit at Hobby Lobby for 2 bucks).
No messy seeds and gunky pumpkin guts!

Say hello to my little pumpkin baby. Too bad he won't keep it on for four seconds.


See his little teeth!? I am in-love with the huge gap between his front teeth!

One last one of Bensy with his Auntie Jess.
I LOVE this picture!

Arrrr! This is my little Max Pirate at his school Halloween performance.
I don't think you get much cuter than 20, 3-4 year old kids singing Halloween songs.

Ninja James


Every year we have the pleasure of attending our friend's Halloween Party (I'm such a nerd that I didn't get a pic of them in their costumes?!)
But I did get quite a few others...

Sorry for the lousy photo quality (cell phone pics)...
B and I decided to play off of the nationwide "occupy" protests.
He is the 99% -- and if you look closely you can see my ribbon that says, "I am the 1%."
So, basically I'm a rich girl and he is an angry protester.

So, these are my friends Melissa and Kelton "Busby." Get it?
BUZZ-BEE.
haha. SO clever and cute.


And you can't be a bee without a stinger?!


This was another AWE-SOME idea.
Hello, "Modern Family" Valentine's episode last year.
Clive Bixby and his make believe mistress, Julianna.


Gosh, I need to take notes from Mark and Miriam! Simpsons pjs?! YES PLEASE.
A heck of a lot cozier than a tight formal dress.

These two got the same memo we did.
Protesters--Pretty funny ones too :)

Davey Jones and Jack Sparrow.
Marie and Cliff are always pulling together sweet costumes.

The late Steve Jobs also attended our gathering.

Salt & Pepper
Simple and yet such a clever idea.


Alvin and Simon
Their baby dressed up as Theodore but he obviously didn't make the pic.


I need to post a picture of James aka: the black ninja boy. I will post a few pics from tonight soon.

Happy Halloween, Friends!

4 comments:

sara said...

I love those skull pops; so cute! I'll have to make those next year. Your costumes look great too!

Rachel Haack said...

I love it I love it I love it!

email coming soon! yours made my day...

rae

thebusbyfamily said...

I absolutely LOVE that pumpkin idea!
this was the first time in two years that we have actually carved a pumpkin because I don't like doing it. BUT, spray painting and adding cute accessories - I can handle that!

thanks again for taking pictures of us at the party. I should be better at documenting such a momentous occasion! :)

Denae said...

Yum, yum, yum! You know what's annoying??? STILL not having actually met you Joan!!!