This is at the park right below the condo which is twenty steps to the beach.It is the ideal set up for a family with young, active boys.
{Thank you, Kristi for taking this pic for us.}
We have been super spoiled this year with vacation time. We spent a week in Oregon in July and a week in August, we traveled to Bear Lake in September and this month we spent four days in Solana Beach, California. Brandon has a client and friend who owns a condo right on the beach in Solana and he has allowed us to stay there for free the past two years.
Needless to say it was beautiful. The weather was mid seventies and cooled down to the mid fifties at night. I woke up every morning with the window opened and the sound of waves crashing against the shore line. Nothing says "vacation" more to me than that soothing sound.
Me & B enjoying the ocean air.
Benson did better than I thought he would. I found out that keeping the NUK in his mouth kept him from swallowing sand by the fist full.
Wow. Am I allowed to post this one?! I like him. A LOT.
James LOVED to boogie board. He was SO cute out there catching the waves.
Everything is in walking distance from the condo. There is this cool street filled with art galleries and shops called The Art District. We spent an afternoon perusing with the kids and this is Max on a elephant we found along our way.
We had a hot date with Noah and Kristi while we were there (they recently moved to San Diego). We went out to a Thai food place and ordered everything "medium." Come to find out "medium" at this place meant sweaty foreheads, sniffly noses, and tongues on fire! It was still really, really good.
Ps: ever had Thom Ka (sp?) soup? YUM.
Needless to say it was beautiful. The weather was mid seventies and cooled down to the mid fifties at night. I woke up every morning with the window opened and the sound of waves crashing against the shore line. Nothing says "vacation" more to me than that soothing sound.
Me & B enjoying the ocean air.
Benson did better than I thought he would. I found out that keeping the NUK in his mouth kept him from swallowing sand by the fist full.
Wow. Am I allowed to post this one?! I like him. A LOT.
James LOVED to boogie board. He was SO cute out there catching the waves.
Everything is in walking distance from the condo. There is this cool street filled with art galleries and shops called The Art District. We spent an afternoon perusing with the kids and this is Max on a elephant we found along our way.We had a hot date with Noah and Kristi while we were there (they recently moved to San Diego). We went out to a Thai food place and ordered everything "medium." Come to find out "medium" at this place meant sweaty foreheads, sniffly noses, and tongues on fire! It was still really, really good.
Ps: ever had Thom Ka (sp?) soup? YUM.
Afterward we hit up a Halloween store and tried on wigs. It was some pretty awesome entertainment and FREE which is always nice.We were busting up...we always have a good time with these guys.
Me and Kristi could hardly hold the phone straight to take the pic without shaking b/c we kept laughing so hard.
B looks like a china-man, or something and Noah actually might make a cute girl? ha.Life is good.
We are getting pretty excited about Halloween around here!
More to come on that note soon :)

7 comments:
I have to admit I am a little jealous of you. Boy that looks awesome. Good for you guys!
Also, you look amazing. I feel like I am always am saying that in my comments and I don't mean to be shallow and say that is all there is to you because obviously there is much much more, but you look so great (and I think because we had babies around the same time I am particularly impressed.)
So much fun. We definitely need to plan a little beach vacation with you guys!
Please let me know when you are planning on getting pregnant again, i'd like to make sure to schedule all of my fabulous family vacations and wear my fedora/sassy boots and skinny jeans to rub it right back in your face! How could you do this to meeeeee?!!!
;)
rae
Insanity is working!!!
ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! LOVE THE WIG PICS!! :D
ha-larious!!! and how fun - that is pretty sweet my dear. and happy belated birthday to mr. max!!
haha, rae's comment made me laugh! oh, the joys of pregnancy :)
I love your family picture - you should use that one for your family christmas card!
xo
oh come back. please.
Post a Comment