Monday, October 17, 2011

Mr. Max is FOUR


Happy Birthday to my accident prone, driven, perfectionistic, snuggly boy! This little man is constantly fighting to keep up with his older brother and he's quite successful at it. He was swimming at 2 1/2 yrs, riding a bike without training wheels at 3 and writing his name long before he started preschool this year. The boys is on an accelerated track through life! Unfortunately his fast pace brings a lot of bumps, scrapes, and bruises his way but all in all he brushes them off with ease and keeps up the momentum.
I LOVE him fiercely :)

Funny Max story:
This happened in October of last year. We were sitting in church and Max leaned over and said, "Mom, why does my sum (thumb) smells like poop?"
I leaned over, examined his "sum" and replied,
"Probably because there's poop on it!"

Favorite Max words of the past:
Pocket=Fawkeeit
Marshmellow=Smosh-shmello
I think I can, I think I can=I see see san, I see see san

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. MAXWELL!


I took these three cuties to see:


We came back to the house to have cookie-cake and ice cream and open presents.

Ummm, the "4" candle is backward?! ha.



We kept the gifts simple this year. James gave Max The Lion King, Aspen bought him his trusty "life saver" (I will not be the one to tell him it is a light saber--sp? b/c life saver is far too cute), the boxing gloves are from Daddy, and the backpack and lunch box are from me.


A Happy Birthday to my cousin, Helen (same bday as Max) who is one of my very favorite people on earth! She is the big 3-0! When she asked Max how old he thinks she is he is said, "Ummm, 9?"
I spent SO much of my childhood with her she feels like a sister to me.
I LOVE YOU, HELLIE!


5 comments:

Rachel Haack said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!! AND HELLIE TOO!

Poop story was hands down my favorite ever.

Rae

Rachel Haack said...

Oh and don't feel bad Joanie dear - no outta towners received Christmas cards. i basically had them all packaged up and ready to go...then never mailed them. I ended up just handing them out at a family get-together and one night at dinner with a few girlfriends.

that is so my style...all that work and then i never actually send them.!?! Argh!

thebusbyfamily said...

oh, we love you maximus!

(& aspen's glassess too!)

felicity said...

So cute he is getting so big i wish i could be there I LOVE YOU!!!!

K said...

How darling is that boy?!?! I can't believe he is so grown up! What a sweet little person he is :)