Monday, November 14, 2011

Insanity Review




This is Shaun T. I spent every morning with this man for 60 days. Needless to say, me and Shaun T are pretty tight ;)
"C'mon ya'll! DIG DEEPER!" --Shaun T.


Today was my last day of the 60 day Insanity work-out program. I borrowed the book of DVDs from my Sister in law, Erin. The work-outs started out being 35-45 minutes the first month (6 days a week) and the second month increased to an hour or an hour and a half (6 days a week). Needless to say, my body has been sore and tired for the past two months and I am SO glad to be done!
I intended to lose weight on this program but like most I gained muscle and lost fat. The scale didn't change but I guess that doesn't matter (at least that's what I keep telling myself--haha). With that being said, I noticed an incredible increase in my appetite, especially during month two. I went to Rubios in SD with my mom and sis and ate: 3 fish tacos, a side of chips and salsa, and two churros!?! So, it's no wonder I didn't drop pounds--but I know I lost fat and gained muscle mass which of course is a good thing.
I haven't been this strong since forever. Even during training for varsity volleyball in high school.

The ultimate result of the Insanity program is: lean muscle mass and cardiovascular fitness.


The first day of the program and every two weeks following you are required to take the "fit test." There are 8 exercises in the fit test and you are supposed to do as many as you can of each one in one minute (with a one minute rest in between each exercise).
Not that this means anything to any of you...but when I do the program again I want these numbers so I can compare my results:

1. 60/71/75/77/80
2. 50/57/62/64/66
3. 84/105/107/110/114
4. 26/30/35/40/46
5. 5/9/10/9.5/11
6. 13/15/16/17/18
7. 8/12/14/15/20
8. 48/62/71/75/80

PHEW! It feels so good to be done! I'm afraid I won't have the luxury of eating like a 17 year old boy any more though. haha. Back to hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, and salads?! Bleh.
Trust me. I am NOT that disciplined. I can exercise...but food is the love of my life! I mean, my husband is?! Food is number two! :)







3 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

Good Job You!!

You got my interest in trying it out :)

ms.composure said...

i LOVE insanity!! i have completed the 60 days 3 times now. i usually take a few week break between and do a light cardio/lifting workout but it is gr8 and it def keeps me lean and tone which is exactly what i was wanting!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

eyre blog said...

shaun t's starin to sweat. s'go. I can't wait to join you!