Saturday, September 15, 2012

Camping

Okay, I lied. I told you we weren't going on any trips for a few months...camping doesn't count, does it? :/
We went on an over-nighter with the Bowens and the Hubners. It was super low key and fun. Our camping site was perfection: a ton of big shady trees, a river about 40 feet away and a swimming hole about 75 feet away. We enjoyed a day and night of play and then drove into Sedona for lunch at a Mediterranean place that hit the spot.
Brandon researched campsites and had it all booked and ready b/c last time we went camping with the Busbys (including my dear 8 month pregnant friend) we weren't able to camp any where b/c of a wildfire. We ended up staying the night at a lousy spot right off the freeway and it was a zillion degrees. Thankfully we were with some fun people so it turned out okay but the site was horrible.

James jumping in!

I love the red rocks...so pretty
This is the only pic we got of Allyson and John--they are a blast.

Benson, Cooper (his back is to the camera), Brian, me & Kelly

My little Benny boy

Life is not complete without a ball

Me trying desperately to not have "fat arm"

Cooper is a nut and I love him...such a funny kid and ALL BOY

The swimming hole...kinda muddy looking water. It wasn't as yellow and nasty as it looks in this pic. I promise.

Max does not know what a "natural" smile looks like

Here's his other attempt...not so much, Max but valiant effort.
It took years of training for me to get B to smile naturally in a photo :)

Brothers

These two get along really well.
They are good to each other about 85% percent of the time.




 James found this suuuuperr creepy millipede.

These things gross me out. 
I can handle spiders, scorpions, you name it but these guys...eeeek!



Good times! Thanks for the fun, friends :)



6 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Oh how fun! We love camping ... wish we lived closer so we could enjoy these things together. Your boys are super cute!

K said...

When I read that first sentence, I thought of camping in relation to where I live....Ha Ha! So different! Your trip looked like a BLAST!! Yay! So glad you were able to go! The boys are so ADORABLE!! I can't believe how much they've grown!

thebusbyfamily said...

yeah, our last camping experience would have been a complete fail if we weren't with you guys. you make everything fun - even camping next to the freeway, like homeless people.

and you don't have "fat arm" :)

shannon said...

I'm dying over the last few posts. Your boys have grown up over night! Miss you guys!!! Xoxo

The Skeehan Family said...

oh man that looks fun. nothing like the red rocks of sedona to make a girl feel homesick :) what a fun fun fun time!!! And ps, your spot sounds IDEAL. I will tell you, Dan keeps telling me his all-time favorite campout was with you guys and the Cases when we couldn't get a reserved spot up on the Rim by Woods Canyon, so we just up and camped in the middle of the forest. I won't lie, that one is definitely up there in my book too :)

Miss you friend.

Anytime you want a little change in the weather/routine/location... mi casa es tu casa :)

The Skeehan Family said...

... oh and if you do decide to come, I will disregard how you said you aren't going on any trips for a few months. we can just call it camping. I'll even put up a tent for the kids to sleep in if that helps :)