Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Baby is TWO

 
Dear My Fat One, The Loa, Lo-ey, Ben, Bens, Bensy, Benny, Bensalonicus, My Good, My So Good, My Love,

How I love you, sweet Benson. You are the happy in my life. I can't think of anything more delightful than burying my face in the soft, squishy folds of your neck and cheeks. It is a joy and a blessing to be your mother and not just because you are chubby (although that is one of my favorite things about you).
You have just now started to really talk (and you're still trying to get the hang of it). Up till now, you would just point and make a noise. It is amazing how your little system worked! We all knew exactly what you wanted..pretty impressive considering you hadn't spoken a single word. 
You are horrified of cars and the garbage truck. I will often ask to hold your hand when we walk through the parking lot of the gym or Target or wherever. Without fail you will shake your head and refuse my hand (It is so cute how much you want to be big like your brothers)....until a car comes any where near you. When you notice the impending threat you cry out in fear and run to grab my finger with your pudgy hand. 

You live for your cozy (blanket), your buka (pacifier), Thomas and your brothers--wherever they are you want to be. 




As blurry as this photo is--I LOVE it. That round, chubby, chicken face is the reason I wake up in the  morning (there are other reasons too, of course..my life is pretty darn perfect...but he is on the top of the list, for sure). 
Oh how I love this boy!
I'm gonna pinch that fat tongue!


This boy is such a ham! He loves to smile for the camera and inevitably closes his eyes every time.


This pic takes the cake: cheesy smile, one shoe on and backward, mardi gras beads and no pants.
That's my Benny! 


Happy Birthday, My Baby!






For a little Thursday laugh--Pillow talk between Max and James:

Max: "James, has a boy ever had a baby before?!"
James: (laughs) "NO, Max! But when you were born your head got totally stuck in Mom's wiener.

Oh, dear. Looks like James has A LOT to learn during our talk about "The Most Beautiful Thing In the World" when he turns eight in February. hahaahahah.






3 comments:

by Kimberlee St. Clair said...

Can't wait to play with him! He and Norah will make good buddies with all the squishy between the two!

thebusbyfamily said...

I like that I get to say "I was there the day you were born Sweet Benny!" You are special!! xoxo

Rachel Haack said...

How did I miss this post?!!!

OH MY LAUGHING OUT LOUD RIGHT NOW. "You got stuck in mommy's WIENER?!!!!" I COULD DIE!!! AH HAAAAA HAAAAA!
"The Most Beautiful Thing in the World"!!!!!! JOAN, I LOVE IT!!!!!

sigh, soooo funny.

And Benson, we love you and your squishy awesome-ness. I only wish we could get you and ellie jane side by side again. We need to take another picture of you hams together!