My sweet James was baptized by his Daddy on March 9, 2013.
It was a blessed and joy filled occasion!
Doesn't get better than this!
Look at the mirror--all fogged up from the warm baptismal font below :)
Being a goof during his photo shoot a la Melissa Busby
(Thank you, thank you, friend).
Isn't he handsome? Even with his silly front teeth.
I love this boy.
Have not posted about "The Big 8 Talk" either.
In brief summary: me and B took James to his restaurant of choice: Pita Jungle.
He ordered his favorite: the steamed carrots and chicken. He also got a smoothie but he didn't like it too well b/c it had banana in it (not his fave).
After we had Baklava for dessert and headed to the church to have the big talk.
It was a Monday night so no one was there. We just got comfortable on the couches in the foyer and started with, "James, the most incredible gift Heavenly Father has given us is our ability to make other people. You know how we do that right?"
"Well, yeah. The special hug."
"That's right."
When we told him the anatomical particulars of the special hug he crinkled his nose and said, "Huh?"
It was a facial expression I will not soon forget. SO priceless.
He honestly took everything in surprisingly well. Two comments he made that were interesting to me: 1. Can you do that when you're not married. AND 2. Mom and Dad, I don't think I am going to be able to remember all this?!
Okay, back to the Baptism:
This was the first time I had all my siblings with me since my wedding day.
From youngest to oldest--LtoR: Sabina, Kye, me, Jessica, Richard, Chris & Nikki
I love each one of these amazing people SO much. I have incredible brothers and sisters!
The Pfutzenreuter Clan:
Richard, Kristen, Brandon, me, Gabriella, Mom, James, Benson, Max, Dad, Sofia, Jess, Lorenzo, Kristen (Uncle Kiki's girlfriend) and Sabina.
Richard, Kristen, Brandon, me, Gabriella, Mom, James, Benson, Max, Dad, Sofia, Jess, Lorenzo, Kristen (Uncle Kiki's girlfriend) and Sabina.
The Koplin Clan:
me, Benson, Brandon, Max, Mike, James, Sue, Norah, Kimberlee, baby Zander, Felicity, (Malachi is hiding behind Felicity), Lily and last but not least: Bridger (doesn't he look thrilled to be there?!) haha.
Gabriella, Sofia and Lorenzo played "I am a Child of God"
and for the second verse Gabriella even played the descant.
It was impressive and SO darling!
Here is a photo of all the cousins.
Pretty cute bunch.
Thank you SO much to all the family who made the special effort to help us celebrate James' baptism!
It was a treat to be surrounded by so many who love us.










4 comments:
Fun times! That's awesome your family all was able to make it out to arizona and be together. That's a long time.
So great that everyone in your family was able to make it! He is such a special boy, we love him!
So great! I can't believe all your siblings came. That's so amazing. Wish we could've been there, too! Renzy's little violin?! Too cute.
I'm dying to talk to you about the 'talk.' So awesome.
Love that James...
xo
What a handsome, strapping lad!
K, you keep trying for a girl and I'll keep trying for a boy...deal? Deal. :)
And such a beautiful family too, so nice to receive such support and love.
Post a Comment