We started off our summer vacation with a trip to Rocky Point for the long weekend. Minus the three hour wait at the border on the way home and Max's concussion (if this kid even has a head by the time he graduates high school it will nothing short of a miracle) we had a marvelous time.
Here is a ridiculously lengthy travel-log in photo form.
Enjoy:
It's about a four hour drive so not too bad.
Time for a quick snooze before the party begins...
The cursed ipad is a must on long road trips.
You can see the effect it has on my children by looking at Benson, "Duh, duh...huh?"
The boys (particularly James) continually pointed out how dirty the town was and why did it look so run down, etc. It gave us an opportunity to talk about different places in the world and that few people have the blessings and opportunities we do.
The view from our condo.
Notice Max's serious forehead bump.
He fell off the water slide head first and got a concussion.
Thankfully, a man who works in Urgent Care and as a family physician in Phoenix checked Max out and gave us the green light that he was okay.
This is how it looked the day after. Pretty miraculous. We said a prayer as a family that he would heal quickly and well and I'm pretty sure Heavenly Father heard us ;)
Sunday walk after church.
Ps: I LOVE going to church in foreign places. It is such an adventure.
I thought it was fun to have me and B's shadow in the shot.
This is the expression that Benson wears 95% of the time.
I love my family.
Love that he wore the fedora with confidence. He is such a handsome man.
Yep, I'm pregnant!
Treasures!
Check it out, Mom!
Gosh, it's SO sunny. I can't keep my eyes open!
It's okay, Max because I can't either!
Check out this dead crab, Dad!
I love him.
There was an "airplane" that looked more like a bike with a lawn mower engine and a few propellers that constantly flew back and forth along the coast line. It carried two people: the driver and the brave/stupid/adrenaline junky tourist that paid money to ride it.
No thank you. I will pass.
Pretty stunning panoramic.
The sillies.
Uh, Max let's not do that "silly face" okay? eek.
Beware!
Handsome Koplin boys on the beach.
I am a blessed woman.
Morning time fun.
Notice Benson's funny toe in this pic?
Ahhhh! I'm gonna get you!
Apparently, Cheerios do not have the "cheering effect."
At least not for B. haha.
Benny boy floating happily in the pool.
Snack time.
Big swimmer Max!
Who is that sexy man by the pool?
He must work out :)
Ride 'em cowboy/crock hunter!
Pool time with Daddy.
Happy little one.
Dad, I don't think I have enough floaties on!
Nap time.
Check out my "bupa" (pacifier). It matches my sunnies.
We made some great memories...till next time:
Viva Mexico!


3 comments:
Looks like y'all had tons of fun! I'll have to post about our Mexican adventures as well. You guys are quite the vacationers!
Reminds me of the time we all went to Mexico . . . When can we do another trip together?
Awesome pictures too!!
Post a Comment