We hit the road at 5:30am and had a surprisingly smooth and enjoyable trip to Auburn, CA where my brother Richard, his wife, Kristen and their three children live: Gabriella, Sofia and Lorenzo.
Kristen took us a beautiful hike to some hidden falls and swimming holes where we swam with the kids.
I wish I had pictures but I forgot the camera that day, dang it.
I have pictures toward the end of the post of Rick, Kristen and their kids.
After visiting the Juarez family we headed to Lake Tahoe (only about 45 minutes away from Auburn) to join my other siblings for the second annual Hutchinson family reunion. That includes me, my sister, Nikki and brother Chris (these are the siblings from my dad's first marriage).
We spent four days at North Star where Nikki's in-laws have a cabin. We enjoyed two days at Lake Tahoe and two days hanging out by the pool up at the resort.
The weather was perfect and I didn't feel nauseous for most of the time we were there: Glorious!
Cruisin on the lake.
I can't get over Benson's scowl.
Punch!
The Koplin Family.
The Tanner Family.
The Longacre Family.
Tyler (Nikki's oldest son who just returned from a mission in Germany) arrived with three friends at 3:30am after driving through the night.
The whole family.
Brandon was busting up the entire time!
James got the hang of it toward the end.
Tyler.
Hudson.
Nik and Ella.
Hanna with Madeline.
Hold on to me Dad!
I don't know if I can do this, Dad.
Katie with Ella.
Brothers.
Nikki and Brynn.
Chris, Nikki & Brynn
Benson waving with Aunt Nik.
Daddy helpers.
Chris & Brynn
After Tahoe we went to Nikki's to spend a few days before heading home.
Pool time!
Happy kids.
Kristen with her mermaid hair.
My Sis.
My brother, Richard.
A washed out selfie.
Look at all these cute kiddies!
Mommy & Max
Rosco!
On our drive home me and mom stopped at The Haack Residence in SoCal (B flew home earlier in the week to get back to work).
Rachel, my old BYU roomie has FOUR girls under the age of seven. Throw in my three boys and it was CU-rAzzzZy.
Here's the herd: Max, James, London, Lily, Benson, Emerson & Elliotte.
Ellie Jane is the best thing ever. She is bubbling with personality, fearless and often found with her mother's heels and pearls on traipsing about the house.
This is a stand off!
Don't think I can't handle you just because I'm a girl!
Look at Ellie's face while she squeezes Emerson.
Rachel's brave and generous husband, Tyler offered to babysit all seven kids while we went out for Thai food and then out to an ice cream place with the most incredible salted caramel ice cream.
It was a delightful evening to say the least.
Returning to 113 degree Phoenix was
not appealing but we are glad we missed out on a few weeks of the heat and were able to enjoy time with so many people we love.


2 comments:
Joanie you look gorgeous!! I have always wanted to go to Lake Tahoe, it looks SO fun!
Finally catching up on some blog reading! Love seeing pictures of your beautiful self and your family!
Looks like a fun trip :) makes me want to go roller skating, I haven't been in probably 15 years!
Post a Comment